matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
matteo catanese PI8Hk 3ZcCU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Culture > News

What to Look Forward to on Fresh Check Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Every year, the Stonehill College Health and Wellness Center holds the annual Fresh Check Day.  The day is held to open students’ eyes to the many mental health resources we have here on campus.  Sometimes moving into the new school year can be a bit stressful with new classes, homework, quizzes, exams, all weighing you down at once.  For first-year students, being away from home for the first time can be a bit overwhelming and draining.  You may begin to experience anxieties that you never knew you had before.  Fresh Check Day strives to bring positivity, mental health awareness, and coping strategies for students on campus. Stonehill works to promote the idea that you are never alone and that there are numerous resources on campus that can help you cope with any issue you may be facing.  Some exciting and fun activities and events that will be happening on the Quad on Fresh Check Day consist of:

• FREE ice cream, t-shirts, and prizes (come on we all love free stuff!!!)
  • FREE chair massages
  • Live music
  • BABY FARM ANIMALS (heart eyes)
  • Interactive experiences/activities where students can connect with each other or the services available
  • Meeting many different offices around campus that can provide mental health resources/screenings

This year’s fresh check day will be held on Monday, September 16th, from 11am-2pm on the Quad! Don’t miss it!!

Julia Duplin

Stonehill '20

Senior at Stonehill College