This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Buying beauty products can often be very expensive, even just for a few items. Personally, one of my favorite things to do is go shopping for makeup and beauty products, but as a college student, I can’t afford to go as often as I want. However, there are ways to get beauty products, at a lower price.

Try mini sizes of the products

Usually at Ulta, and Sephora, there are sample sizes of the products which allow you to see if you like the product, before you pay for the full size of the item. Although they are a smaller size, the products usually last for a while, which allows you to decide if you want to go back and purchase a bigger size. I like doing this a lot for mascaras because full sizes can be very expensive, and I never know if I’m actually going to like it or not. They are usually half the price and it gives you the opportunity to try out different products without paying close to $40 for just one product. 

Check Stores That May Sell Higher End Products at a Lower Price

I love going to check TJ Maxx’s beauty section because they often have so many high end products, at a much lower price than you would find at Sephora or Ulta. I have been able to find skincare products that I have loved that are considered high end brands for a much lower price. You can also find good quality makeup at TJ Maxx, although, it can sometimes be hard to find. 

Look for Sales

This may seem kind of obvious, but I know Ulta always is sending emails about different sales and deals, that make it more affordable to by their products. Especially around the holidays, they often offer package deals of products that go well together. They are often sample sizes of multiple products, and it can get you to try products you aren’t used to. 

So many people love trying new beauty products but don’t want to spend the money on hundreds of dollars worth of items. I think that finding ways to still get products can be really helpful in finding your absolute favorites. 

Caroline Bunnell

Stonehill '24

Caroline Bunnell is a senior from Stow, MA, and one of this years Campus Correspondents for Stonehill College's chapter! She is a communication major and a minor in journalism. She loves spending time with her family and friends, writing for the campus newspaper, dancing in Stonehill's dance club, and watching sports.