This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

After watching every episode of The Office at least 5 times it might be time to find something more serious to consume your free time with. If you’re looking for drama (the good kind), Netflix has got it. And I’ve got the top 5 crime shows that will make you want to drop out now and kickass fighting crime.

5. Making a Murder

This true crime documentary will leave you wanting more after each episode. It takes a look at a murder that took place in Wisconsin, with Steven Avery in custody as a suspect. Is he guilty? Is he innocent? It’s impossible to decide! Watch for yourself to see the verdict.

4. The People vs. O.J. Simpson

Another true story, this time told by a reenactment by David Schwimmer and Cuba Gooding Jr. I’m sure you already know of the infamous O.J. case, but this short docuseries takes an intimate look at people involved throughout the whole case, making it impossible to shut off.

3. Criminal Minds

Moving from reality to fiction, Criminal Minds will scare you but you won’t be able to look away. Serial killers are twisted and this show analyzes their mind to solve murders and determine why they do the things they do. Spooky.

2. Law and Order: SVU

With 20 seasons you’ll need plenty of time to binge this one. The badass lead, Olivia Benson, and her squad busts rapists and perverts everyday keeping New York City safe. Hence the name, there is a mix of law and order keeping you guessing who’s innocent and who’s guilty.

1. Dexter

Topping the list, my personal favorite. Dexter, blood spatter analyst for Miami Metro, spends his nights as a vigilante. Using his knowledge from working for the police, he takes it upon himself to catch the bad guy. He is the serial killer of all serial killers. (Warning, don’t get your hopes up for a big dramatic finale, you won’t get one).

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky - Michael Scott - Jessica Cassarino
Marissa Bazzano

Stonehill '20

Student at Stonehill College from Hartford Connecticut.