The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

As we pass the halfway mark of the semester, the schoolwork burn out is getting real. One way I try to escape my school stress and burn out is through doing fun selfcare routines! Without further ado, here is my hair care routine and favorite products.

Step one: Cleansing

Like any routine, it all begins with cleansing! Finding the right shampoo that tackles your hair goals is a gamechanger. As someone who has colored hair with breakage, I love using the Biolage color last shampoo and conditioner. If you’re in search of a new shampoo and conditioner or hair product, in general, I recommend going onto your favorite beauty stores website and taking a hair quiz.

Color Last Shampoo – Biolage | Ulta Beauty

Step two: Hair Mask

I like to do a hair mask every couple of weeks to make extra sure my hair is moisturized and soft. My favorite ones are the Amika soul food nourishing mask and the Hask argan oil mask. Both smell and feel great in your hair. If you’re looking to splurge on something, I would recommend the Amika hair mask – it’s worth it!

Hask Argan Oil Repairing Deep Conditioner – 1.75 Fl Oz : Target

Soulfood Nourishing Hair Mask – amika | Sephora

Step 3: Detangle

To protect your hair from breakage and your mind from frustration, get yourself a detangler! I love using this one from Drybar. It detangles and protects your hair from heat. Tip: Use a wet brush as it also protects your hair from breakage. 😊

Prep Rally Prime & Prep Detangler – Drybar | Ulta Beauty

Step 4: Protect, treat, and style

If you use a detangler without heat protection, the next step is to spray in a protectant – especially if you use any styling tools. After that, using a styling treatment can help reduce frizz and flyways. This one from Olaplex is one of my all-time favorites as it doesn’t weigh down your hair. I like to let my hair air dry for a little bit before using any heat to avoid adding more damage to my hair. Once your hair is partly dry, it’s finally time to style!

No.6 Bond Smoother – OLAPLEX | Ulta Beauty

Eva Nyc Mane Magic 10-in-1 Primer – 5.4 Fl Oz : Target

Step 5: Finishing touches

Once styled, and if you’re feeling extra fancy, try out a hair oil and hair perfume. The Moroccan oil one smells amazing! Side note: A little goes a long way!

Moroccanoil Treatment Hair Oil – Moroccanoil | Sephora

Mini Hair & Body Fragrance Mist – Moroccanoil | Sephora

Abbie is a junior at Stonehill College and is from Onset, Massachusetts. She is majoring in Business Management and minoring in Communication. She plans to one day work in Human Resources. Aside from writing articles, Abbie loves skiing, boat days, yoga, and adventures!