The Season is Here! 10 Affordable Fall Activities

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Feeling that crisp fall air and looking for something seasonal for you and your friends to do? Well luckily there are plenty of activities available to fully embrace this wonderful weather. Here are ten fan favorites great for all kinds of festive fall fun!

Apple Picking

I know, I know, an incredibly generic fall activity. But what can beat a sunny afternoon after a hard day of work polished off with a fresh bite of a crisp apple?

Bake

Put those apples to good use and throw them into any type of apple-based dessert like apple pie, apple crisp, apple crumble, apple cake, apple muffins or even just straight up baked apples fresh out of the oven!

Hike

Gather your friends on a beautiful Saturday afternoon and head for the hills-not only is it great exercise but a great bonding experience, too!

Corn maze

A great autumn pastime for all ages.

Carve pumpkins

This can include not only picking the perfect pumpkin (say that ten times fast), it can also incorporate carving and decorating said pumpkin. Here are some examples of great ideas to get your creative juices flowing.

Take a tour of the city

Having access to a beautiful city like Boston is never something that should be taken for granted for! With tempting options like taking a stroll around the park or experiencing the beautiful view of the ocean, spending a lazy Sunday afternoon at an intimate downtown café sounds like the best thing out there.

Go to a concert

With a plethora of venues in the Boston area, you can book a fun night out with your friends in a click of a mouse! Take advantage of the night life-there’s more out there than meets the eye.

Go on a picnic

With the beautiful fall leaves finally showing their colors, go throw down a knitted quilt in the middle of a grassy field, pump some good old fashion folk tunes, and pour a fresh glass of apple cider!

Make a leaf pile and jump in it!

This may seem childish at first, but trust me once you see that huge pile of crunchy leaves just ASKING to be jumped in-you’ll thank me.

Hay rides

These aren’t just reserved for those cheesy couples or those families with the young psychotic children who can’t sit still; hayrides are a great way to see the scenery without having to do actual work. Sounds like the perfect combination, right?

Photo Sources:

http://veryhilarious.com/wp-co…

http://phelans1.wordpress.com/…

Allie Smith is a senior Writing Rhetoric and Technical Communication major, Human Resource Development minor at James Madison University. She is a contributing writer and Campus Correspondent of HC at her school. Allie is from Richmond, Virginia where she loves to hang out with friends, shop, shop, shop, and go to the beach in the summer. She is interested in Social Media (big fan of Twitter- follow her @alliemsmith). In addition to writing for HerCampus, Allie loves to travel. She just got back from studying abroad in Australia where she had the time of her life. Allie also loves to cook... even though she claims she isn't very good.