This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Every senior right now is wishing time would slow down because graduation is in a little over a month, and I am one of those seniors. As I am writing this piece I am sitting on the quad where we will graduate, with my friends just doing homework and trying not to think about how it will be transformed into a stage where I will receive my diploma in front of hundreds of people. I wish these moments would just last a little bit longer because I am not ready to move back home and be without my friends. 

I am not going to lie, the first few years of college were rough. I was balancing a new relationship and found myself going home a lot, and as a result, I was not making friends as quickly as everyone else. It wasn’t until the beginning of senior year that I found my forever friends, but I wish I had more time with them. I’m sure other people feel similar, but it doesn’t seem fair that I didn’t get four years with them, even though it feels like I’ve known them forever. I have been cherishing the moments I have with them now, and making the most of the rest of my time here, but I know that it’s not enough. 

Although college seemed to fly by, senior year felt even faster. All of the lasts are upon us, and even though it’s sad to think about, I’m so glad I got the time that I did. COVID really messed up a lot but I think that this year’s senior class got the best outcome, since we got to experience our full freshman year, and got to have a normal-ish senior year. And for that, I am forever grateful. 

I am grateful of everything Stonehill College has given me, and all of the lessons I have learned while I have been here. Yeah, I learned a lot inside the classroom, but I feel that I grew as a person tremendously. I am not the same young woman I was when I moved in in 2018, and I cannot thank this place enough for that. I feel that I’ve gotten the most out of my college experience and while I am ready to move out into the real world and feel prepared to tackle life’s challenges, I will miss the people that make Stonehill what it is. I could not have been happier with my college decision, and could not see myself anywhere else than Stonehill. 

If you are reading this and are not graduating this year, take my advice: cherish the rest of your time wherever you are. Be spontaneous and make memories with your friends. Prioritize your goals and try new things. Make the most of all of your experiences and try to hold on to the moments that go fast. I really wish I could go back to my freshman year self and tell her that everything is going to be fine, and to go out of your comfort zone earlier. You won’t regret it. 

Hi! My name is Elizabeth, I am a junior at Stonehill College in Easton, MA studying Communication and Journalism. I am from Cape Cod, MA, I love writing and expressing myself using words and HerCampus is a great way to do just that!