stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

The Positive Effects of Celery Juice

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

I tried Celery Juice and here’s what happened…

Many people say juicing is a way of life, others say it’s disgusting. I found myself caught in the middle. I like smoothies and some juices but like most people I don’t do well with smells and I have a bad gag reflex. These traits made finding the right juice hard.

My friend Cara would come into work every Saturday morning at 6:45am with a green liquid in her hand. She’d walk in, put her jacket down and drink her juice. The first week she came in complaining saying her mom made her try it. I asked her what it was and she replied with “celery juice”. She said it tastes like watered down celery. If you ask anyone this makes sense considering celery is approximately 90% water. This same routine continued for the next couple of weeks. Cara would walk in, put her jacket down and drink her celery juice. I noticed that by the 3rd week, Cara came in vibrant, happy and beaming with energy. Being the sarcastic person that I am, I asked her what was wrong with her. She said “nothing, I feel great.” For the remainder of the shift Cara persuaded me to try celery juice. After hours of begging, I caved in and decided to try celery juice.

Here’s what happened:

1. My skin cleared up, no more breakouts, no more blemishes.

2. I lost 5 lbs.

3. My energy level increased.

4. No more daily headaches.

5. No more nausea.

6. No need for caffeine.

7. I wasn’t fatigued so no more napping.

8. An overall increase in happiness.

Now I’m not telling everyone to go out and try celery juice and I’m not going to lie seeing results took a couple of weeks. I don’t know what vitamins it contains or how it works, but I know celery juice is now part of my daily routine. You guys can believe what you want, but maybe a glass of celery juice a day keeps the doctor away.

Olivia DeCurtis

Stonehill '20

Student at Stonehill College from Garden City New York
Nicole Geraghty

Stonehill '20

Health science major at Stonehill College from Bridgewater, MA