Style

Loafers? The New Fashion Trend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

I never thought this day would come. I used to make fun of my parents for wearing loafers when I was younger and now here I am dying to find the perfect pair. So ladies….loafers are IN.

I see them everywhere, around campus, matched with every outfit online, and seems as though every celebrity has picked up this trend in their everyday outfits. But the more I look into them the more I realize they are all stemmed off of Gucci. The ‘gucci loafer’. A leaver shoe with some metal detail on the top of it. These shoes can be both backless shoes and slip ons. And let me just say, I am OBSESSED. They are metallic, leather, suede, satin, crazy designs, any color, valor. Literally, anything you can imagine, there is a loafer of it. Yeah, you may hear the word loafer and think “ew” but here I have included some pictures to make you realize how fashionable these shoes have become.

The OG Gucci Loafer

Fashion with Loafers

The Celeb trend

If you are looking to buy loafers and are not looking to spend the $300 from gucci here are some places to get them

1. Lulus

2. Nordstrom

3. Lord and taylor

5. Forever 21

6. DSW

7. Poshmark

8. Payless

9. Target

10. ASOS

Marissa Bazzano

Stonehill '20

Student at Stonehill College from Hartford Connecticut.