The Latest Addition to Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Royal Romance

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Meghan Markle, 37 and Prince Harry, 34 have been the talk of the town ever since they made their relationship public in November of 2016. The pair brings a breath of fresh air to the palace. Markle being biracial, divorced, American and a self-described feminist are all characteristics that in the past would not have fit in with the traditional structure of the royal family. She and Prince Harry’s relationship reflects a modern, relatable image that makes them well-liked by people all over the world.

They are authentic, champions of several philanthropic efforts, and constantly working to make the world a better place… talk about a power couple. At their extravagant wedding in May at Windsor Castle, they asked that instead of their guests sending them wedding gifts that they donate to a list of chosen charities instead. Further proving just how dedicated they are to creating change in the world and that they are in touch with some of the most severe issues impacting modern society.

Just when I thought I couldn’t love Meghan Markle and Prince Harry anymore, I heard that they were due to have a baby in the spring of 2019.

Kensington Palace announced that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were expecting early Monday morning as the couple arrived in Sydney, Australia to begin their first royal tour together. The two are reported to be thrilled about the news. Upon arrival in Sydney, Prince Harry gave a greeting speech and said, “We also genuinely couldn’t think of a better place to announce the upcoming baby. Boy or girl. So thank you very, very much.”

One of the key characteristics of Markle and Prince Harry that so many people love about them is how personal they are greeting fans on the street. This was evident as the couple arrived at the Dubbo City Airport Tuesday morning and bent down to greet several local school children who were waiting for them upon arrival.

One young boy could not get enough of Prince Harry and immediately ran over to him to give him a giant hug and tug on his beard. Markle then proceeded to walk over to the two and bent down to join the little pow wow.

The pair is clearly already showing what great parents they are going to be, and will surely make the most adorable family of three. I don’t know about you guys, but I will l be counting down the days until we get to meet their beautiful baby!

Erika Sasso

Stonehill '19

Erika is a Marketing major with a double minor in Communications and Entrepreneurship from Grafton, Massachusetts. She loves coffee, travel, and all things events.
Marissa Bazzano

Stonehill '20

Student at Stonehill College from Hartford Connecticut.