burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Keep Up With Those Fall Trends While Keeping Your Bank Account

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

I love fall, I do. But as the warm weather fades away, so do my sun kissed locks and hard-earned tan lines … 

*Cue dramatic shoe stomp and toe twist on my self-confidence*

I like to compensate for my overwhelming seasonal depression with a generous amount of bronzer, and some damn cute sweaters. 

Not just any sweaters, however.  I’m talking about bargain sweaters (truly the best kind in my humble opinion). As much as I would love to fork over $98 for the latest and greatest in the glossy Anthropologie storefront, it appears my bank account better resembles a sad pathetic “spare change” jar than an actual savings account (clearly  due to my lack of finesse on the savings part)With the help of my compulsive online shopping addiction, natural tendency to err on the side of frugality, and somewhat concerning insomnia (as I write this at 2:04 am)… I am here to spill some of my secrets about weirdly cheap websites that will have your fall look on point. 

OLD NAVY

A true class act, I think we can all agree. Old Navy is a reliable source for all the basics you need, and in your favorite fall color pallets. It’s easy to overlook the true value of those simple items in your closet that pair up with just about anything. The flashy and trendy are great-to-haves, however can often be a flash in the pan. Old Navy delivers on the classics. We respect it. The prices are reasonable, and the sales are frequent!

FOREVER 21

Self-explanatory, however I was raised to give credit where credit is due. 

SHEIN

I had my doubts about this website at first, but SheIn has been good to me. The clothes are sold at extremely cheap prices without taking away from the quality. My golden nugget of advice on this one is to wait until picture reviews have been submitted so you know exactly what you’re getting.

CHARLOTTE RUSSE

I know this seems like a weird cringey middle school throwback, but don’t be sleeping on Charlotte Russe. This store is honestly very underrated and deserves a little attention. Their sweaters have a wide range of styles and colors that suit all kinds of occasions. AND, THEY ARE ALL CURRENTLY $20… you’re welcome.

RUE 21

While we’re on the subject, might as well bring back Rue 21 as well. There are a few hidden gems, so keep an eye out when scrolling (you have to enter into your Marshalls mentality for this one). These sweaters all hover around $20, and that is important.

With the help of cheap sweaters, we can whether the storm of seasonal depression, together. 

Brittany Eccleston Stonehill Lacrosse '22