Katie Wood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Here she is folks, the woman, the myth, the legend. Yes, she no longer graces our presence on campus every day because she has graduated, BUT after being compared to Herb Brooks in campus celeb Lauren Bonagura’s article, how could we not do a follow up interview with this Long Island Queen?

You’ve been out of school for well over a year now, how is this so called “real world” treating you, and how should I be mentally prepping to enter it?One cannot mentally prepare for this “real world” in which you speak – you get thrown into it and complement it with as many vodka sodas as you possibly can.

Current employer?I don’t want my company to pop up on google sooo I currently work at an ad agency in NYC. Connect with me on LinkedIn for further inquiries.

How many times a day do you check facebook at work? You don’t have to answer this if one of your co-workers will find this article online and incriminate you for your response somehow.It’s not that I check my Facebook – I keep tabs open all day with Facebook and Twitter to keep up to date with the latest #sclax scores/live stats as well as the most recent viral Billy On The Street videos.

What is one life lesson you have learned from Whitney Houston?To always ask myself “How Will I Know?”

Favorite quote from “The Parent Trap”Do I really have to pick just one?! I somehow constantly find a way to integrate the “Do you wanna eat and then unpack? Or we can unpack and then eat? Orrrrrrr we can eat while we unpack.” line into just about any conversation I’m having. If I’m going for an emotional approach then it’s gotta be “I’m looking at her just like I’ve looked at her for eleven years. Since the day she came home from the hospital, six pounds, eleven ounces, twenty-one inches long. This is how I look at her!” If you don’t love Chessy, I don’t want to talk to you.

3 Reasons why the “The Parent Trap” is one of the greatest films of all time.It taught me:

• 1. To never leave my clothes on a log if I go skinny dipping at summer camp
  • 2. Always assume trout is on the menu
  • 3. The time difference between Napa and Bora Bora

If the camp from the Parent Trap was a real place, would you send your children there?Toss up…it seems as though there’s no supervision due to the gambling, skinny dipping and ear piercing of each other’s ears that take place on a daily basis.

Enough about you, we all know the true celebrities are the two gems who raised you, Pat and Jerry Wood. What are some of your parents’ favorite activities? Basically, describe their essence in a few words.Well Jerry’s favorite activity is going in the tub (the hot tub) that we have in my backyard. He also enjoys sipping cold import beers at the tiki bar he built in the backyard. Pat’s favorite activity is playing Diane Bonagura in Words With Friends on her ipad every night. True story.

What is some advice you can offer to seniors as they begin their last semester at Stonehill?Go out every single night that you can possibly go out!

Most underrated thing about Stonehill.Hands down…the yellow sweet and spicy sauce in the caf.

And last, but certainly not least, here is the question all of us have been DYING to know: when is the best time to invest in a lady suit?I caved and bought one over winter break senior year. Always good to have on hand for an interview. Luckily I haven’t seen mine in 2 years – jeans are acceptable to wear at my job!

Kate McCarthy is  a senior at Stonehill College in Easton, Massachusetts. She is a Communications major and a journalism minor. Although she does not know what she wants to do when she graduates, her dream job is having her own talk show and becoming a one woman sensation, like Oprah. At Stonehill, you can find her  winning championships with her intramural basketball team, swimming laps in O'Hara Pond or reading James Patterson novels in the cafeteria. After a semester studying abroad in the Czech Republic, her main goal in life is to travel the world. She is currently interning in Los Angeles, at the Queen Latifah show.