Katherine “Cookie” McDonough

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Here she is folks, making her HC debut after a long awaited three years, it is the one, the only COOKIE MCDONOUGH. Also known as “Katherine” to the outside world, Cookie is what all of us at HC Stonehill strive to be- a fierce lacrosse player with a passion for chocolate milk and a doll named Keesha. As Cookie starts her senior year, we sat down with her to chat about everything from being the captain of the women’s lacrosse team this year to her love of #sophsass and Stephanie Tanner.

Describe you co-captain and roommate, Lauren Bonagura in one word

Anxiety

How did you get the nickname “Cookie”?

My nickname developed from CoCo to Cookie my sophomore year. One football game I was walking around with Ace, our mascot, and someone thought my real name was Cookie when nobody had ever called me that. A bunch of people thought it was hysterical and so Cookie stuck.  Also, I got my first nickname, CoCo, from the fact I like chocolate milk

Most quotable movie of all time?

Mean Girls, hands down the most quotable movie of all time, Elf comes in at a close second

If you could play any other position on the lacrosse field, what would it be?

If I had to play another position beside defense, I would probably want to play attack because it’s completely different and I could score a few goals.

If you could play any sport in the Olympics, what would it be?                                                                                                                                                                                                   If I could do any sport in the Olympics I would definitely would either be a gymnast or a figure skater. I would want to be a gymnast because they can throw themselves in the air, and everything they do looks so cool. And also probably because I am almost incapable of doing a handstand. But being a figure skater would be awesome too because skating is pretty difficult. (I can only skate in hockey skates so that would be a challenge) and because Kristi Yamaguchi and I share the same birthday so I always wanted to be a figure skater.

What is you go-to meal in the cafeteria?

Pastabilities. So clutch on Wednesdays. Either that or chicken salad on a pretzel roll with pickles.

*Featured question of the month*

If you were on the Queen Latifah Show (because yes ladies and gentlemen, she DOES have a talk show now), what would you talk about with the Queen?

If Iwas on the Queen Latifah show, I honestly would have no clue what to talk about because I myself am not that entertaining and I don’t have many good stories. I could talk about my college experience or #SophSass. But hopefully I could ask the Queen a lot of questions because she is amazzzzzzeing.

Would you rather be an 80s child star or a 60s one hit wonder?

I would probably want to be an 80s child star actor. Mainly because who didn’t dream of being a child actor when they were younger,? Secondly because I would have got to hang out with Kirk Cameron, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen and many others. Third, it would be super cool growing up around a lot of famous people

Which character on Full House best describes you?

I like to think Stephanie Tanner describes me best, we are both middle children, she is rather sassy and has quick wit which I like to believe I possess. She has a stuffed animal name Mr. Bear which she owned as she got older, and I have a doll named Keesha. Then as she gets older she becomes more serious, so I believe Stephanie and I are rather similar

Shout Outs

hmmm a brief shout out to bryan rooney because he gave me one, and to my other sophsass members (pictured below)

Kate McCarthy is  a senior at Stonehill College in Easton, Massachusetts. She is a Communications major and a journalism minor. Although she does not know what she wants to do when she graduates, her dream job is having her own talk show and becoming a one woman sensation, like Oprah. At Stonehill, you can find her  winning championships with her intramural basketball team, swimming laps in O'Hara Pond or reading James Patterson novels in the cafeteria. After a semester studying abroad in the Czech Republic, her main goal in life is to travel the world. She is currently interning in Los Angeles, at the Queen Latifah show.