This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

So many girls want long thick eyelashes. It’s me. I am one of those girls. I have tried everything from adhesive lashes, to fiber mascara, to my recent favorite lash extensions, and all fall short in the end. The options that were cost effective did not stay throughout the day, and the options that stayed perfectly were outrageously priced. So I did some research and set out to my local drug store to try the latest and greatest eyelash invention. The magnetic eyelashes. The ones I chose were the Kiss Magnetic Eyeliner and Eyelashes. The lashes retail for about 8 dollars and the liner retails for about 10 dollars. Not too bad, right? There were a few different options for the lash styles, I chose a volume set versus a more natural one. Then it was time to see if the lashes applied well. The liner wasn’t too out of the ordinary, it was a bit lighter black than I usually go for. The lashes applied well, but the inner corner was not staying on the liner. The lashes themselves stayed for about 8 hours, as opposed to the 16 hours it claims to last. The inner corners did lift, and took the liner with it throughout the day leaving weird patches in the liner. The overall impression would have to be a 6/10. They are somewhat cost effective, and stay for a bit, but when they lift it is annoying and uncomfortable, and I would like the inner corners to stay. Would I wear them everyday? Absolutely not. So there you have it ladies and gents. We are still on the hunt for the perfect eyelash product. 

My name is Angela Braddock and I am a student at Stonehill College. I am a Criminology major and I love dance, fashion, theater and wellness. I hope my insight can help you in some way, if not just help you escape your stress for a while!