I Finally Made a TBR List, and You Should Too

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

I can’t believe that it has taken me, a twenty-one year old English major, THIS long to make a TBR list, but here I am.

For those of you who may not be a crazy book obsessed gal like me, TBR stands for To Be Read, and a TBR list is just all the books that you want to read.

I have been on BookTok for a while now (which I absolutely adore being on), and I always see people talking about or showing their own TBR lists. I finally caved and decided to make my own because I was so tired of seeing a bunch of miscellaneous screenshots of book covers every time I opened my phone’s camera roll. The disorganization of it all drove me insane.

I found that right after making my physical list, a weight I didn’t even know I was carrying lifted off my shoulders. All the books I wanted to read in one place! What a miracle! It was also a little disheartening though because my list was a bit longer than I expected which I know will hurt my bank account soon.

While my list doesn’t have anywhere near a hundred books on it, like most of the other people’s I’ve seen, it’s a good start, and I am excited to continue to add more books to it! I am also really looking forward to the satisfaction of being able to cross a book off the list once I finish reading it.

I figured since I am new to this whole TBR thing, maybe some of you are too! I have decided to share with you some (emphasis on some) of the books on my own personal TBR list, and maybe my list will inspire you to start making your own, or if you already have one, add to it!

Some of My TBR Books:

• Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas
  • Invisible Ghosts by Robyn Shneider
  • The Fine Print by Lauren Asher
  • The Zodiac Academy by Caroline Peckham and Susanne Valenti
  • Vicious by L.J. Shen
Emma Cianciulli

Stonehill '22

Emma is a senior at Stonehill College, where she is majoring in English. When she isn't at school, Emma enjoys thrift shopping, reading a good book, spending time with her horse, and hanging out with friends. She lives in New Hampshire with her mom and two cats. Her dream job is to be an editor for a fashion magazine.