I Asked my Friends for their Favorite Song Lyrics: Here are the Results

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

I asked my friends to share their favorite song lyrics.  Below are the awe-inspiring responses:

“If you want a second to breathe, I’ll give you all of my love, I’ll give you all that you need” Sjowgren, Seventeen

“We don’t know where we’re going, but we know where we belong” Harry Styles, Sweet Creature

“What good is love without any strings” Dayglow, Closer to You

“Don’t you forget every sunset will become a sunrise soon again” Aaron Watson, The Arrow

“Fear is just a part of love, and one thing I found is love is what you deserve” Briston Maroney, Freakin’ Out on the Interstate

“And if one door opens to another door closed, I hope you keep walkin’ till you found the window” Rascal Flatts, My Wish

“What’s left if I give my all?” Thusmose, Memories

“My fuckin’ Power Rangers couldn’t protect me from that LAPD kick door” BROCKHAMPTON, Victor Roberts

“Well, your face has got a hold on me. But your brain is proper weird. Are you feeling the same? You just keep nodding at me looking vacant” The 1975, She’s American

“Boredom got a new best friend” Tyler the Creator, Boredom

“And I got what I need right here, it’s in me, I am everything, all that I need, and I won’t be defeated” Demi Levato, Yes I am

“You can plan for a change in weather in time, but I never planned on you changing your mind” Taylor Swift, Last Kiss  

“And this is how it starts” The 1975, Sex  

“I’ve lost people and money to become the woman I am today, and I’ll still be becoming tomorrow, maybe losin’, but still choosin’ her anyway” Jennifer Nettles, I Can do Hard Things  

“If every copy is a meta original then who will benefit from being truly original” Milo, Bookoo Bread Co

“All good gifts surround us and come from Heaven above” Godspell Original Broadway Cast, All Good Gifts

“I could drink a case of you and still be on my feet, I will still be on my feet” Joni Mitchel, A Case of You  

“I see friends shaking hands, saying, ‘How do you do.’ They’re really saying, ‘I love you'” Louis Armstrong, What a Wonderful World

Megan Swezey

Stonehill '24

Meg is currently a senior at Stonehill College in Easton, Massachusetts. Aside from writing, she has equal obsessions with dancing, hiking, sushi, jean jackets, Spotify playlists, and her two cute pups. Peace out!