This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

As college students there probably never will be a moment when we aren’t stressed, but that doesn’t mean we can’t do things to reduce the stress a little

1. Take a nap

You’re sleep schedule is probably messed up, waking up at 6 AM to finish that essay last minute and not hitting the pillow until 2 AM to study for an exam that’s worth 30% of your grade. Is this what some of your days look like? Cause same. By taking a nap during the day your mind has the chance to recharge and refocus. Don’t think about a quick nap as a waste of limited time, rather think of it as a way of making yourself more productive after.

2. Eat healthy!

The Freshman 15 is a real thing! Without fueling your body correctly, you won’t have enough energy in the day to do what you need to. Go eat something balanced and healthy. Grab a salad from the salad bar, eat grilled chicken and vegetables. I realize that doesn’t sound as exciting as chicken fingers and fries, but you will thank yourself later. Trust me.

3. Quiet time

Sometimes it is good to be alone. There is really no such thing as personal space in college: with the shared rooms, shared bathrooms, classrooms, library, dining hall, etc. Try to find a few minutes of quiet to corporate. Stepping away from all of the crazy can reduce your stress.

4. Use a planner

Using a planner will help you schedule everything you need to do for the week. Also, writing down your assignments will help you remember what you have to do. It is also a good way to stay on track and focus on one thing at a time.

5. Have fun

You need to balance work and fun. Without enjoying time with friends or relaxing and watching Netflix, you might feel overloaded. Studying in a group is a good way to enjoy company and get work done at the same time. Just make sure you aren’t chatting away the whole time.

Maya Graham

Stonehill '22

Maya is currently a senior at Stonehill College. She is majoring in psychology and minoring in educational studies. She hopes to work with kids after graduating as a child psychologist. While she loves to write, she also loves to play volleyball. When she's on campus she enjoys being with her friends and when she goes home she enjoys being with her dogs, Shiloh and Millie.