How to get out of bed in the morning when all you want to do is sleep in

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Guys I get it its Monday morning and after a long weekend of partying, relaxing, and trying to get caught up on priorities for the week, the last thing that you want to do is sleep in. I never understood what people meant when they said it was hard to get out of bed, that is until I reached college. All throughout elementary school and high school I would spring out of bed in the morning with enthusiasm looking forward to the day ahead. However, now that I’m in college, getting up for a 10:00am is probably one of my hardest struggles. Let’s be honest here, if we could stay in bed, sleep and watch movies all day our lives would be pretty damn great. Unfortunately, life goes on and jobs need to get done. I won’t bore you with words anymore but I figure if I can get out of bed in the morning so can basically anyone. Here are my 5 hacks to help get you through: 

1. COFFEE, COFFEE, COFFEE though I don’t recommend sufficing your needs with drugs caffeine is a stimulant and can be found in more drinks then you know. So why not go grab a cup in the morning. 
  2. EXERCISE, I’ve been an active person my whole entire life, and what I’ve learned from working out is that my best workouts are achieved in the morning. Get up and go for a jog or hit the gym, I promise when you come back you will be awake and ready to go.
  3. Make waking up FUN, find a friend get breakfast and then walk to class together having a plan and following through with that plan is so fun. And you might even make it part of your daily routine. 
  4. ORGANIZING, ever since I was little my mom would make sure I had my backpack packed the night before. Now I realized that on days where Im stressed is partially because I don’t have everything organized and put together. I often find myself scrambling around and will most likely be late. 
  5. APPRECIATING, so I know this is going to be a little deep, but here’s the deal, every morning you get out of bed you need to remember that some people don’t have that opportunity. Whether the case may be, it is important to appreciate being alive every day and realizing that every day Is a gift so why not make the best of it!

Getting up is hard but finding little things that work can make your mornings just a little bit easier!

Olivia DeCurtis

Stonehill '20

Student at Stonehill College from Garden City New York