Here For the Right Reasons?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

It is no secret this year’s season of Bachelor in Paradise has been filled with drama. Most people watch the show for the drama, which is what has made this season so popular. From love triangles, to fights, it has been an eventful season. However, what has made it unique has been the talk of internet fame. 

Although none of the contestants usually talk about it, most of them are there to get more fame. Although there is the added benefit of finding love occasionally, many go on the show to start their career as an influencer. This was especially true with fan favorite Brendan, and Pieper. Brendan entered the show first and paired off with Natasha. A few weeks later, Pieper came to the beach who had a relationship with Brendan right up until he joined the show. All the other contestants seemed to already know this and were confused as to why Brendan pretended to be interested in Natasha in the first place. 

Later in the episode, the camera cuts to Brendan and Pieper laying together where they began talking about their plan, they had to get more screen time, in order to boost their followers. They started comparing follower numbers and how much their followers would go up because of how they would attract more attention. Brendan continued to destroy his image, after saying Natasha had no one else interested in her and that he did her a favor by being with her. He has gone from being a fan favorite, to coming across as arrogant and as if he was only their for fame.

Since then, Brendan has lost over 100k followers on Instagram and Pieper has lost over 20k followers as well. Natasha has since passed Brendan in followers. 

Bachelor in Paradise has always been a show that is more about the popularity, rather than the actual relationships, but it has been made very clear by the actions of Brendan and Pieper. 

Caroline Bunnell

Stonehill '24

Caroline Bunnell is a senior from Stow, MA, and one of this years Campus Correspondents for Stonehill College's chapter! She is a communication major and a minor in journalism. She loves spending time with her family and friends, writing for the campus newspaper, dancing in Stonehill's dance club, and watching sports.