Halloween Hub Concept 2019 Static Hero 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Halloween Hub Concept 2019 Static Hero 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media

Enjoying Halloween While Maintaining Social Distancing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

The holiday seasons are approaching, with Halloween this week to start us off! Just because we have to social distance during this holiday season due to COVID doesn’t mean it still can’t be fun! Here are some fun ways to enjoy Halloween this year while social distancing!

1. Stay in and watch a Halloween movie with some friends! 

If you’re living with your friends on campus, watch a movie together in your common area while maintaining social distancing. If not, you could even have a movie night via Zoom!

Some great Netflix options to watch are:

• Hubie Halloween 
  • The Addams Family
  • A Haunted House
  • The House at the End of the Street

And so many more!! There are some pretty scary movies to choose from… or if you’re scared of horror films you could just stick to a Halloween comedy like Hubie Halloween (that’s what I’ll be doing FOR SURE).

2. Carve pumpkins with your family.

If you’re home with your family during Halloween celebrate by carving pumpkins with your family, or if you’re on campus you could carve pumpkins with your roommate! It’s a fun Halloween activity to get you in the Halloween spirit that you can do while socially distanced. 

3. Have a Halloween party with your friends via Zoom. 

Just because you can’t be with all of your friends this Halloween doesn’t mean you can’t still celebrate Halloween virtually! Have a costume party Zoom call!

4. Eat tons of CANDY!

Go to the store and get a bunch of your favorite candy! What’s Halloween without your favorite candy??

5. If you’re home for Halloween, dress up your pets in cute Halloween costumes!

There are sooo many cute pet Halloween costumes that you could order for your pet, or you could even make one yourself. Dress your pets up for Halloween and take some adorable pictures of your furry friends. They will totally be Instagram worthy. 

6. Bake some fun Halloween cookies and other treats!

Who doesn’t love the Pillsbury Halloween cookies?? Bake some Halloween cookies or check out Pinterest for some other fun Halloween baking ideas. 

Just because Halloween will be a lot different this year doesn’t mean it still can’t be fun, even while social distancing. Happy spooky season!

Hi! My name is Natalie and I am a senior at Stonehill College pursuing a Marketing and Communication double major. I also have a passion for graphic design and creative writing!