Campus Celebrity Father John Denning

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Ladies and gentlehawks…here it is…the moment you’ve all been waiting for: an exclusive, inside interview with the Big Guy himself. The man, the myth, the legend. Commonly (and lovingly) referred to as the Mickey Mouse of Stonehill Campus. With great pride and gusto I present to you this week’s campus celebrity…no your eyes aren’t deceiving you…the Father John Denning.

To start off we asked him some basic business-like questions:

B: Could you describe your position here at Stonehill?

FJD: Sure! I’m president of the college and I’m responsible for helping to lead to institution of 2,400 wonderful students! [Obviously a charmer]

B: What’s your favorite thing about Stonehill?

FJD: The Student body. I really think we have a wonderful group of students and I feel fortunate to be the president of the school.

Now for the goods stuff:

B: Now that we got that out of the way, the important stuff… Favorite dessert at the bakery?

FJD: Boston cream pie

B: Favorite Disney Movie?

FJD: [Without a second’s delay] Beauty and the Beast.

B: Favorite song to sing in the shower?

A: The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow [from the Annie the Musical, a real classic]

B: Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts?

FJD: Dunkin Donuts! Medium, hot, with milk no sugar.

B: If you could be on a sports team here at Stonehill, what would it be?

FJD: Rugby

B: Do you have any secret talents?

FJD: Secret talents….[there is some discussion]…I can play the radio?

B: If you could have a super power, what would it be and why?

FJD: I would like to have super speed. I just like to see things and experience nature! Plus I would get to things faster.

B: If you could be friends with one celebrity (assuming we’re already friends) who would it be?

FJD: …Pope Francis! [Is there any surprise there?]

B: If you could create a band with the other Fathers at the institution what would the band name be?

FJD: [Again, discussion follows with plenty of discussion, and the final decision is…] Brothers in Black

B: If a movie was made about your life, who would play your part?

FJD: I don’t know I would think Brad Pitt. …I’m gunna get slammed for this…

B: What is something not many people know about you?

FJD: Hmmm…I’m a dog lover. A major dog person!

{BONUS QUESTION} If you could wear any other color instead of black, what would it be? (Because we know you were all wondering that too)

FJD: Purple of course, purple and white!

(A special thanks to Julia Spugnardi and Annie Sweeney, who helped me out in this exclusive, extremely rare interview with Stonehill’s most famous man in black!)

Kassie is currently a junior studying marketing at Stoneill College. She loves green tea, popcorn and her dog, Pumpkin.