This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.
  1. Make time for each other—finding time to do things you both enjoy doing together is important.  Having a little alone time together is much needed. 
  2. BUT you must make time for your friends as well—spending too much time with your significant other can cause you to lose some important friendships. You also need to support when your significant other chooses to spend with his/her friends. Friends are important!! Don’t get too caught up in your relationship.  Plan fun activities with your friends, they are supposed to be your partners in crime after all!!
  3. Make time for yourself—your mental health is equally as important as your significant others.  You should still make time to enjoy things you like to do; for example, going to the gym/exercising or watching your favorite TV show.
  4. Have patience—life in college can be pretty busy.  Schedules can get hectic and finding time for one another may be more difficult than it seems.  It is okay if things do not always go as planned.  From studying for an exam to attending all your classes/club meetings, some of these priorities must come first!!
  5. Support one another—hype your girl/guy up!!! Your significant other should be your ultimate supporter. The one that’s there for every aspect of your life. It’s good to know you can always have someone to go to for anything and not have to go through anything alone! 
  6. Communicate—it’s key! Maintaining a healthy relationship requires positive communication between one another.  Being open and honest with each other about past or current events is important when gaining trust in one another. Having meaningful conversations and listening to what one another has to say is a huge factor in a successful relationship!
  7. Trust each other—if there is no trust, your relationship is lacking.  Although it takes time, showing you are loyal, affectionate, and kind to one another can help create a stronger trust in each other.  You should be able to share your heart and life with another person in order to build a stronger bond.