This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

Skincare has blown up in 2020, and sometimes you need to give your skin a little extra TLC in these cold months! Here are my top 5 skincare tips for a healthy glow in winter of 2021!

1. Moisturize

Even though a moisturizer should be part of your daily routine, a heavier or nighttime moisturizer should be your best friend in the winter. Cold air dries your skin out, so make sure you’re using a high-quality moisturizer to keep your skin soft and happy!

1. Stay Hydrated

Water intake is so important when it comes to skincare. Water flushes toxins out of your     body and will keep your skin hydrated and refreshed all winter. Grab your favorite water bottle and carry it around campus with you!

1. Balanced Diet

Greasy comfort foods can be tempting in the cold weather, but your skin will thank you if you take a break from fast food and switch up your eating habits. Fruits and veggies are rich in vitamins that are so good for your skin’s health, as well as the rest of your body!

1. Exfoliating

It is so important to be exfoliating your skin in the winter. This step gets rid of the dead skin cells that are a result of the cold air drying out your skin. Chemical exfoliants are so popular right now, but make sure you only do it once or twice a week, so you don’t irritate your skin!

1. Supplements and Serums

Adding a supplement or a serum to your winter skincare can be super beneficial. Serums like hyaluronic acid, retinol, or niacinamide can help the volume, and texture of your skin, and counteract breakouts. Supplements like biotin and collagen are also easy ways to keep the glow of your skin all through the cold months!

1. High Quality Products

If you want to invest in the health of your skin during the harsh weather, you should be investing in high quality products with reputable ingredients. Do your research and know what you are using on your skin. Some popular high-quality brands are The Ordinary, Inkey List, Murad, Paula’s Choice, and if you need dermatologist customized and reviewed- Curology.

Hopefully these tips help you keep a healthy blemish-free glow all winter long!

My name is Angela Braddock and I am a student at Stonehill College. I am a Criminology major and I love dance, fashion, theater and wellness. I hope my insight can help you in some way, if not just help you escape your stress for a while!