jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

3 Self-Care Tips to Cope With Long Distance

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stonehill chapter.

My boyfriend and I have been together for over three years and the newest challenge in our relationship is navigating being 10 hours away from each other. Long-distance is not easy by any means, but it is absolutely worth the hard work. Here are my 3 self-care tips that get me through the emotional days of long-distance!

1. Pleasure Reading

I love to read anyway, but pleasure reading has been a huge self-care activity for me during long distance. It gives my brain something else to focus on rather than missing my boyfriend, and then I have something fun to talk to him about on FaceTime later that day.

2. Listening to Our Favorite Songs

Listening to songs that we usually blast through the car radio has proven to be very therapeutic for me in this time in our lives. It is nice to focus on things we enjoy doing together rather than being sad that we are not physically together to do the things. Whenever I hear the songs, it makes me smile.

3. Be Kind to Yourself

This one is no doubt the key to coping with long-distance when you have a hard day. Being kind to yourself and allowing yourself the time to process how you are feeling is so crucial in this new chapter you are in. My favorite way to be extra kind to myself on these days are things as simple as splurging on my favorite coffee or giving myself some extra reading time during the day.

My name is Angela Braddock and I am a student at Stonehill College. I am a Criminology major and I love dance, fashion, theater and wellness. I hope my insight can help you in some way, if not just help you escape your stress for a while!