Savannah Gaeckler ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stockton chapter.

Meet this week’s Campus Cutie and Her Campus Stockton’s Campus Correspondent, Savannah Gaeckler!

Age: 20 

Major: Marketing 

Year: 2019 

Hometown: Mays Landing, New Jersey 

Astrological sign: Leo 

Relationship status: Taken

Favorite: 
-TV Shows: Once Upon A Time, Grey’s Anatomy, America’s Next Top Model, New Girl and American Horror Story
-Books: StargirlThe Fault in Our StarsHamlet
-Movies: Clueless21 Jump Street and Uptown Girls
-Foods: Burritos, jelly doughnuts, and pasta with meat sauce
-Color: Blue
-Songs: “New Romantics” by Taylor Swift, “This is Gospel” by Panic! At the Disco, “Nothing Left To Lose” by Mat Kearney and “Keep Breathing” by Ingrid Michaelson 
-Quote: “Every flower must grow through dirt.”

Where can you be found on campus? I’m usually in the Coffee House or the Library, but when it’s nice outside, I love sitting in the outdoor amphitheater by J-Wing. 

What are you involved in on campus? Her Campus! I launched our Chapter and am Campus Correspondent of our team! 

What’s your favorite thing about Stockton? I’m new to Stockton this year, but it is so nice that most of the classes are held in one academic building, especially on rainy days. 

Hobbies: I love all things Her Campus – planning, writing and reading articles. I’m really into arts of all different mediums, painting, stained glass and sewing, but I haven’t had much time to do so lately. Within the past year or so, I’ve really gotten into going to concerts and it’s become one of my very favorite things. I feel like I’m at a concert just about every other week and have probably seen at least 50 bands this year. The most recent being MisterWives, which I am now realizing was about a week ago. So yeah, it’s kind of an obsession, but I am very much okay with it.  

What are your plans after college? Honestly, I have no idea right now, but does anyone really? SOS. 

Who’s your celebrity crush? Anyone who knows me knows Taylor Swift is my ultimate girl celebrity crush. As for guys, I really like Justin Timberlake, Josh Hutcherson, Dave Franco, Stephan Jenkins, Colin O’Donoghue and Ansel Elgort. 

Savannah with boyfriend, senior Shaun Steinman meeting Third Eye Blind frontman, Stephan Jenkins.

What’s your favorite holiday? Easter! I’m a sucker for bunnies, chicks and other baby animals so I use Easter as an excuse to stalk images of cute baby animals decked out in pastel bow ties on Google. 

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? Bora Bora looks incredibly beautiful. Italy also really appeals to me because of the historical sights, of course the food and I may have watched The Lizzie McGuire Movie one too many times growing up.  

Most exciting moment of your life: Probably when I saw Taylor Swift for the first time this Summer. I fangirled a lot and even replicated her cheerleading outfit from the “Shake It Off” music video and wore it to the concert.

Most embarassing moment of your life: With the amount of times I fall in a day, there are just so many embarrassing moments. In high school, a friend of mine and I would lightly kick each other when we saw each other (I really don’t know why at this point). One day, I saw him in the crowded hallway intersection and went to tap him with my foot as I passed by. Of course on that day I was wearing wedge sandals and I slipped, flew up into the air, landed straight on my back and screamed in the process – as if I didn’t already draw enough attention to myself. 

Best piece of advice you can offer? Never be afraid to be yourself. 

Fun facts: My best friend is named Savannah too. When I was a baby, my hair just turned bright red, almost overnight, but then it went back to normal. When I find a new song I like, I listen to it obsessively on repeat until I’m sick of it. 
Founder, Editor-in-Chief & Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Stockton University School of Business - Marketing Concentration | Stockton University