Rebecca Howard ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stockton chapter.

Meet Stockton University’s first official Campus Cutie, Rebecca Howard!

Age: 19Year: SophomoreMajor: Historical studies in educationHometown: Mays Landing, New JerseyFavorite Activities: Art, crafting, yoga, watching the Flyers and visiting historical sitesRelationship Status: SingleAstrological Sign: Aquarius

Describe yourself in three words.“I would describe myself in three words using artistic, ambitious and outgoing.” 

What are your hobbies?“I spend most of my time painting or drawing. I started painting glass and it has really been taking off lately. Aside from painting and creating things, I really enjoy reading a good book on the Civil War or taking the usual yoga class in Margate.”

What are your plans after you graduate?“After I graduate, I plan to pursue a Master’s degree in special education and maybe one day obtain my Ph.D. in higher education. If I am able to, I would also like to continue with a career in art, possibly opening a shop for my glasses and ceramics one day.  Somewhere along the line, I hope to have my own big, crazy Italian family.”

If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why?“If I could live anywhere in the world, I would want to live in Maine.  I go there every summer and it is the most beautiful and peaceful place out of all the states I’ve been to.  And it’s just close enough to Canada to get some real hockey.”

A pointillism piece by Rebecca.

Have you always been passionate about art or was it something you became passionate about later in life?“Ever since I can remember, I’ve always had a pencil or a paintbrush in my hand. Art is such a good outlet for anything, and it is what I’ve used throughout my life to keep me going. The sense of accomplishment when I finish a huge canvas or when I’m asked to do a mural is tremendous. I  (am) just recently sharing my art with others, and I guess my passion for art grows when I see their reaction to a piece that took 20 hours. It’s amazing!”

Rebecca and I at a Flyers game last season. We’re diehard fans!

What is your favorite professional sports team?“I am a huge fan of the Philadelphia Flyers. Although we’ve had a few (really) rough past seasons, I am still just as excited every October. All the players and all the fans are so passionate about the game, and even though every other city hates Philly, it’s definitely the place to be for me. You can probably find me screaming my head off with the other lunatics in Philly. Go Flyers and in Hextall we trust.”

What is your favorite thing about Stockton University?“My favorite thing about Stockton is definitely the people and the community. Some of the people I’ve met here have been so wonderful and caring when they weren’t asked to be. I love the humble community and the tight-knit feeling Stockton has. Being at Stockton has made me extremely confident in my choice to go here instead of a city school.”

Founder, Editor-in-Chief & Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Stockton University School of Business - Marketing Concentration | Stockton University