This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stockton chapter.

To my honorary roommate,

It’s been exactly seven months and 18 days since we first met. When I sprung out of my room to greet you with a grin and you responded with a nervous laugh, I knew we would be fast friends. From the awkward first few weeks, to the nights spent watching The Office, I can say that these few months have been the best. Our development as friends has been a true journey, and I have so many things to thank you for.

Thank you for dealing with me.

You truly have seen me at my worst, my best, and my moodiest. So thank you for those days where I yell at you for chewing with your mouth open, or wearing your shoes on my carpet. You’re the real MVP for dealing with my quirks.

Thank you for being there.

You know that twin telepathy thing everyone talks about? We definitely have it. Whenever I need you, you’re always there with a pint of Ben and Jerry’s and The Office. You fix every one of my issues with a hug (even if I don’t want it at the time) and Dwight Shrute. You’ve taught me that everything can be remedied with Jim and Pam’s wedding episode, and some sugar.

Thank you for believing in me.

College is a treacherous and difficult time for many, which is why we all need someone there for support. By support, I mean telling me I’m good enough, and that I won’t fail out of my Anatomy and Physiology class. You are my faith when I have none, and yeah, I guess you’re pretty cool.

Thank you for being the realest.

Whether it be telling me that a shirt from Forever 21 is not “$15 cute” on me, or if that 7 episodes of Game of Thrones is enough for one day, you always want the best for me. You truly bring me back down to earth, and allow me to see what’s in front of me, not just the clearance sticker on the price tag. Truth is something that is hard to come by and I am so happy that I have found someone as honest as you.  

Thank you for being my person.

You’re the Cristina Yang to my Meredith Grey. Even though many people undoubtedly claim this while talking to their best friend, I mean it. You’re the person I can go to for everything. I know that if I ever have issues with my McDreamy, or need someone to dance around my living room with, I can count on you.

So to my honorary roommate, the person who always has fruit snacks and Cheez-Its stocked, thank you. Thank you for being you and thank you for being friends with me. I know it must be hard, so I really appreciate it.

With love,

Your Honorary Roommate

Hi, I'm Tori! I'm a Public Health, Health Administration Major at Stockton University. You can usually find me in the library binge-studying, or knocking on my academic advisor's door with my quarter life crisis and various school issues. Tune in for some quality articles and pictures about Stockton!
Founder, Editor-in-Chief & Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Stockton University School of Business - Marketing Concentration | Stockton University