New Academic Quad Construction Underway at Stockton University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stockton chapter.

As Stockton University continues to expand their campus, one big alteration to this Galloway university is the in progress addition of “The Academic Quad Expansion.”

Courtesy: Stockton University

What exactly does this expansion entail? Well, at a whopping $28.62 million,Stockton’s campus will now include a 58,210 square foot second Unified Science Center to join the already existing Unified Science center on campus. “The three-story building will house teaching and research labs for various disciplines in the sciences, a vivarium, a large greenhouse, a multi-purpose room and faculty offices” (Stockton University, 2016).

The expansion also includes a central quad that will provide a beautiful entrance when you pull up to the main campus in Galloway, NJ. “The main entrance of the academic quad will face Vera King Farris Drive and will provide a central location for students to study and meet between classes, as well as space for the University community to gather for campus events” (Stockton University, 2016).

Courtesy: Stockton University

I caught up with first-year physical therapy graduate student, Andrea Olsen to get her thoughts on the academic quad expansion. “I think it’ll be a great expansion to Stockton’s campus, even though the construction has caused a huge problem with parking this semester, but I’m glad that I’ll be here for my final year of grad school to see it when it’s done.” With an expected completion date of Spring 2018, the Academic Quad expansion will be here for all of us to enjoy before we know it!

Founder, Editor-in-Chief & Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Stockton University School of Business - Marketing Concentration | Stockton University