Liquid Lipsticks You Need to Try this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stockton chapter.

Lipstick has been around forever, but if you’ve been following the current makeup scene, then you know that liquid lipstick is all the rage. I remember when I was a little girl, I had those twenty-four pack of clear glossy lip roll-ons in about every scent and flavor imaginable. They were the root of my love for makeup and it has only grown throughout my life. So, you can imagine my fascination and excitement when matte lips became a phenomenon. I’ve started my collection ever since, I have tried plenty of liquid lipsticks on and have decided which ones work and which ones really don’t. So here are my top three liquid lipsticks in shades that fit perfectly with the approaching autumn weather and brands that I would recommend!

Colourpop Cosmetics – Ultra Matte Lip – Mama, $6

Mama is the perfect shade for autumn, it is a matte burnt orange liquid lipstick. It is the perfect shade of orange – nothing obnoxious, that feels really good to wear right when the leaves are turning different colors, too! Colourpop is also a really affordable brand. Unfortunately you can only order on their website, but orders over $30 are free shipping!

NYX – Liquid Suedes – Brooklyn Thorn, $7

Brooklyn Thorn is a soft brown liquid lipstick. The moment my eyes caught this beauty, I knew I had to get it. Not only are brown lips very in, they usually complement every skin tone and look really nice. NYX Liquid suedes are some of the best quality liquid lipsticks I’ve ever used. *BEAUTY TIP* Face and eye primer are pretty much the same formula, so you can use it on your lips as well. Apply a small amount of primer onto your lips like a lip balm, then apply the liquid lipstick and it will last A LOT longer. NYX Liquid Suedes can be found at almost any drugstore, they go for about 6.99 each so they are also super affordable!

Jeffree Star – Velour Liquid Lipsticks – Androgyny, $18

Okay, so all of us makeup lovers know the hate stigma surrounding Jeffree Star and his personal character. Although I have no idea whether or not these allegations are true, I do know one thing: his liquid lipsticks are amazing. Jeffree Star’s Velour liquid lipsticks are a little on the pricier side at $18 each, but their quality makes up for it. This lipstick will without a doubt last you all day, with no primer. In fact, the quality of his liquid lipsticks are so good I could eat a full meal and sip an iced coffee and my lipstick still looked flawless!! So ladies, or men, if you are worried about purchasing from him because of his reputation, let me tell you that it is worth it. The fall color I chose was Androgyny, a plum-mauve matte that is a staple in my collection.

If you’re looking to try something new and bold on your lips this fall and you’re stumped: try one of these three liquid lipsticks. Your lips will thank you for it!

My name is Allie and I am sophomore literature major at Stockton University. I am super excited to share with you Campus Celebrities and Featured news!
Founder, Editor-in-Chief & Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Stockton University School of Business - Marketing Concentration | Stockton University