How to Prepare Your S/O to Meet Your Family During the Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stockton chapter.

It’s never a simple task to introduce your family to your significant other. The person you bring home will always be too tall, too short, too smart, too dumb. Either way, your parents will always find something wrong with the person you’re in love with. The burden of being introduced to the infamous “family” can be a tricky trail, so it’s important to help your partner through it by giving him/her some tips on meeting the people who raised you.

1. Help them pick out an awesome outfit for the big day.

2. Make sure they have proper hygiene the day of the introduction.

3. Remind them to stay calm upon arrival.

4. Go over how to firmly shake someone’s hand.

5. Remind them that you love them.

6. Also remind them to shut their eyes tightly when your mom busts out the baby pictures.

7. Inform them about all the wacky relatives that will be attending the festivities.

8. And most of all, tell them to have fun, regardless of what everyone thinks.

In all honesty, the holidays are about celebration and love. Even if your dad gives your boyfriend the thumbs down or your mom tells you that your girlfriend is too clingy, the only thing that matters is if you are happy. The final step to a successful holiday family meet-and-greet is telling your significant other how appreciative you are that they came with you. They came with you regardless of the rejection from your folks or the wild speeches from your Uncle Jim because they love you. That’s the best part of it all.

Make sure to have a safe and happy holiday season everybody!

GIF Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,