Daniella Ricciardi ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stockton chapter.
Meet 18 year old freshman, Daniella Ricciardi! An Absecon, New Jersey native majoring in Spanish at Stockton University!

Daniella (middle) with friends on the Ocean City boardwalk. 

On campus, Daniella is involved in Her Campus, Stockton Christian Fellowship, Books Without Borders, Ratio Christi and the Education Society. In her spare time, Daniella enjoys doing yoga, reading, baking or cooking, and traveling. On the weekends, Daniella typically spends time with her family or friends, but also enjoys going to the gym, reading, cooking and going to church.

Daniella’s favorite thing about Stockton is that it’s a smaller college. She takes comfort in the closeness of everything, getting to see her friends frequently and always having activities to participate in and adds “I also love the staff! They are always there to support you and take time to form relationships with students.” As a freshman, Daniella hasn’t been at Stockton for too long, but says, “My most memorable moment so far would have to be not one event in particular, but the people. I have a really amazing group of friends, so every time we are together we just have so much fun.”
Daniella (left) ice skating with a friend.
After she graduates from Stockton, Daniella hopes to travel the world. As a Spanish major, she wants to teach English as a second language abroad. In August, Daniella will begin studying abroad in Granada, Spain until December. She will be studying Spanish and Education as well as participating in an internship program as a teacher’s assistant. Of course, Daniella will also be traveling and sight-seeing with friends! Until then, Daniella will be working to save up money for her trip and looking forward to going on a few family vacations. 

For Daniella’s 11th birthday, her parents surprised her with tickets to see the Jonas Brothers. This event turned out to be one of the most embarassing moments of her life, but she looks back on it now and laughs and can’t help but giggle as she retells the story: “I didn’t know until we actually got to Madison Square Garden. I thought we were just going to visit a friend so I had on cutoff jeans down to my knees (ew), a tee shirt, an oversized hoodie and my mom’s sneakers that were too big. My hair was back in a ponytail and I was sunburnt. My dad handed me a card with tickets in it and I didn’t understand at first because I was so overwhelmed. I had my dad buy me a new outfit. But he only got me a shirt that I kept for years, but never wore again. My dad’s best friend works at Madison Square Garden and got us meet and greet passes. The line was soooo long. Like hours. Then, I got to the front and was talking to Big Rob and he was super nice. When it was my turn to meet them, I went up – speechless with tears in my eyes – and shook all of their hands. I DIDN’T EVEN HUG THEM. WHAT THE HECK. Then for the picture, as I was getting in between Nick and Joe, I stomped on Joe’s foot. He looked down and saw my oversized mom shoes. I was mortified!” 

Daniella with the Jonas Brothers.

Daniella always has a smile on her face and has such a kind, welcoming presence. If you see her on campus, definitely say hi!
Best of luck in Spain, Daniella!
HCXO,
your HC family!
Founder, Editor-in-Chief & Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Stockton University School of Business - Marketing Concentration | Stockton University