Brianna Ciampa ’19 Crew Member of Stockton Love Your Melon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stockton chapter.

To say she does it all would be a complete understatement. Brianna Ciampa, a sophomore nursing major here at Stockton University, is not only the best freshman RA on campus, treasurer of both Active Minds and Fantastic Friends but also one of the newest members of the Love Your Melon team! Brianna is one of the most involved students I know and has a lot to say about the organizations she endorses.

Brianna Ciampa is originally from Middletown, NJ. She is a nursing major and both a spanish and holistic health minor. Her time is consumed by striving to be the best student she can be, and let’s just say she totally succeeds! She is smart, funny, and pretty but more importantly she has one of the most giving hearts around. Her newest endeavor, endorsing Love Your Melon, has to be the coolest thing ever! I asked her to explain what Love Your Melon is all about and why it’s so important to her.

Love Your Melon is a brand dedicated to giving a hat to every child battling cancer in America and supporting the fight against pediatric cancer. Brianna told me that to her, Love Your Melon is a lot more than sporting a really trendy beanie, it’s about taking a stand and saying you won’t let one more child go through pediatric cancer alone. “A child has a 1 in 320 chance of being diagnosed with cancer, and the government funding for pediatric cancer research is miniscule. Everyone that wears a Love Your Melon beanie, hat, shirt, etc. is representing their compassion and dedication towards this cause and the belief that one day, pediatric cancer will be as simple as treating someone for a cold. It shows that if we all work together, we will all find the cure to pediatric cancer.”

Brianna wanted to get involved in college and she did. She joined every club she could and found out what felt right to her. When she bought her first beanie from Love Your Melon, the Love Your Melon Stockton team followed her on instagram and she knew that she wanted to join the cause. She messaged them and eventually got the invite to join the team. She says they have a lot of things planned for raising awareness and money for donation. They’ve had bake sales, written cards to children and have a feature where you can enter what college you are from when you are buying a beanie and points will go to that school’s chapter. She’s more excited than ever to champion for this amazing cause.

This passion toward children in need carries over to her professional future. After she graduates and receives her nursing license, Brianna plans to go back to school to specialize in a certain area of nursing. Her goal is to be either become a pediatric oncology nurse practitioner or a pediatric psychiatric nurse practitioner, either way I know she will change the world.

Brianna is one of the strongest people I know, she would have to be in order to handle everything that is going on in her life. She does it so well and gains a lot of confidence from looking up to people like Demi Lovato who teaches girls to “stay strong” and love themselves for who they are. Brianna makes everyone in her life feel important and special and embodies her favorite quote by TV surgeon Meredith Grey, “If there’s just one piece of advice i can give you, it’s this – when there’s something you really want, fight for it, don’t give up no matter how hopeless it seems.”

Brianna Ciampa is going places in life and will not hesitate to fight for those in need. She will always do so with her favorite Love Your Melon beanie on and a coffee in her hand!

*Images Courtesy of Brianna Ciampa

Sophomore nursing major with a double minor in childhood studies and holistic health at Stockton University.