Battle of the Seasons: Popsicles Vs. Pumpkins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stockton chapter.

Summer or Fall? Your fave sandals or your fave sweater? Fun in the sun or multicolored leaves? We’re not saying you have to pick a side. Okay, maybe we are. But whichever side you choose, you cannot deny the pros of the opposing season.

Summer: the time of year when all worries about college life goes out the window, the windows go down and life gets better. When it is time for summer vacation, you can feel it in the air. As Spring begins to drift away, rompers are everyday attire, beach body curls bounce along the boardwalk and the song of the summer begins to make its rounds on everyone’s car radio.

Summer is sexy. It’s the time of year when people begin to take control of their body (like I did). And by the way every body is a bikini body. Summer days are filled with sleeping in, constant mall trips, baecations or vacations with the family, partying all night, wishing you hadn’t and then doing it all over again. When it’s summer, it feels like there are no rules, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have our Fall favorites.

The first day of Fall has just passed us and while we are still waiting for the season to completely change, we know that autumn is in the air. Who doesn’t love Fall? It’s not too cold and not too hot. Pumpkin spice is back in style and the leaves are prettier than we’ve been all summer. Let’s not forget layers. Scarves, long socks, boots, oversized sweaters and leggings. With Fall being my favorite season, maybe I’m a little biased, but this season has the best fashion.

(Courtesy: Sharon Foster Art)

Fall: the time of year when your messy bun is the ‘do to have and being curled up on your couch with tea and a Netflix marathon of Grey’s Anatomy are goals. When fall rolls around you’re excited to pull out all the clothes you’ve tossed aside a few months ago. You’re ready for Instagram-worthy apple picking pictures, Halloweentown, Hocus Pocus and Twitches.

Those Summer nights will not be forgotten and neither will FALLing for the change of scenery when late September rolls around. Pick a side. Choose a season.

Founder, Editor-in-Chief & Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Stockton University School of Business - Marketing Concentration | Stockton University