This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stockton chapter.

While I know we have been obsessing over halloween and rightfully so. What’s not to love about free candy, fun costumes and a good time with friends? But what about after it’s over? What’s next to obsess over? Well for me, it’s fall comfort foods. You know, the foods mom would make on a cold autumn day. Here’s a list of some of my favorites:

1. Chicken Noodle Soup

Chicken noodle soup for the college student’s soul, or just about anyone! This is a go-to favorite I have in my apartment or what my mom makes me when I come home. For whatever reason there’s just about nothing a bowl of chicken noodle soup can’t fix.

2. Mac and Cheese

Whether it’s homemade, Kraft or Panera Bread (yum), or even from Au bon Pain, you can’t go wrong! Mac and cheese is a classic comfort food that I think is just about anyone’s weakness.

3. Turkey

Although it screams Thanksgiving, I think turkey can be eaten anytime during the fall season. Turkey is something that moms spend hours perfecting and what us college kids are dying for after nonstop food court food.

4. Pillsbury Crescent rolls

No fall meal would be complete without these guys. The scary thing is once you start eating them, you can’t stop. The sixth one is usually where I start telling myself it’s time to stop. This is for sure a fall treat.

5. Sweet Potatoes

There is nothing like hot sweet potatoes, or any kind of potato! Especially when garnished with marshmallow. This makes me coming back for second and thirds and is something everyone should at least try once. It’s nothing short of sweet and savory.

6.  Apple Pie and Vanilla Icecream

Nothing is more American than apple pie, but talking about fall foods, no doubt that apple pie is being eaten with a scoop of ice cream. This is my favorite fall dessert and something that is always the first thing finished at fall get-togethers!

It’s no doubt that us college kids are obsessed with food since it’s been a long time since we have had a home cooked meal, but these are some foods that just provide so much joy and deserved to be obsessed over!

Image Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Sophomore nursing major with a double minor in childhood studies and holistic health at Stockton University.