This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stockton chapter.

Sometimes your dorm room needs just a little sprucing up from the same old, same old, but you don’t have to spend a fortune doing so.  Here are 6 budget friendly DIY dorm room ideas that you can usually do in less than a day!

1. DIY Floral Mirror

This is a super-cute DIY way to spruce up any boring mirror.  Walmart has plain mirrors with plastic borders available for about $6, and you can grab some fake flowers from any local craft store.  Just bust out your hot glue gun, and you’re set!

2. DIY Picture Frame Schedule

This is a much cuter equivalent to a calendar.  Instead of writing your schedule on the boring same old white calendar, you can buy this inexpensive picture frame!  Then, just add some patterned paper in each frame, grab a dry-erase marker, and start writing!

3.  Heart-Shaped Picture Collage

This is a great way to display all of your memories instead of just hanging them on the wall or sticking them in a frame.  For this one, order all of your pictures the same size and then use tape to stick them to the wall.

4. DIY Small Ironing Table

This one is great!  Do you ever go to throw on your favorite shirt, only to find that it’s full of wrinkles?  Well, here’s a quick fix!  Just click here to see a DIY tutorial on how to make this adorable ironing table.

5. DIY Floral Letter

This is a super quick and easy way to spruce up your room.  This would be a great idea for you and all of your roommates to make.   To make these, just trace the desired letter on a piece of cardboard, cut it out, and hot glue the flowers on!  You could also find a 3-D wooden/metal letter and then glue the flowers on if you want to be able to stand it up.

6. DIY Magnetic Makeup Board

This is a great way to display your makeup, while also decluttering your bathroom vanity.  Check out the DIY tutorial here.

Founder, Editor-in-Chief & Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Stockton University School of Business - Marketing Concentration | Stockton University