5 Things to do Off Campus at Stockton University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stockton chapter.

The Smithville Village

Historic Smithville Village is a shopping and eatery area in Smithville, New Jersey. It is approximately 5-7 minutes from campus and a great outing for all ages! With numerous places to shop, eat and engage in a variety of activities, I would always suggest this as an option for entertainment off campus. Whether you want to take a festive train ride, play arcade games, get ice cream, go on a merry-go-round or enjoy a meal off campus, the village has it all! I especially recommend going to the village during select weekends in October and May, for it has the ever so popular “Octoberfest” and “Mayfest” events where various small owned boutique like businesses set up tents and sell their homemade treasures for everyone to enjoy! You can learn more about The Historic Smithville village by visiting their website. Located at: 615 E Moss Mill Road, Smithville, NJ 08205

Shea’s Café

Shea’s Café is one of Galloway’s favorite breakfast spots. Also not far from campus, Shea’s is known for their amazing pancakes with unique one of a kind flavors, and even better service! Shea’s is so in demand that on weekends there tends to be quite a wait, but stay patient because a bigger location is in the works and only a few more minutes down the road from the original! If you’re interested in checking out Shea’s definitely don’t second guess it, and get the cinnamon swirl pancakes! Currently located at: 195 S New York Road Absecon, NJ 08205

Wildlife Refuge

While many students at Stockton probably know what Wildlife is, (thanks to Stockton’s partnership with them) for those who don’t, I highly recommend this spot! While only taking donations (an inexpensive way to spend your day!), Wildlife has beautiful scenery and a beautiful view of the Atlantic City strip. You have a choice of various nature paths and even a driving option for you to get the same feel without having to get out of your car on a bad weathered day. Wildlife is a really hands on nature experience for those who feel like they have explored Stocktons on campus nature options enough.

Dubliner

I chose the Dubliner as a great spot in Galloway to visit because it is local, unique and accepts Osprey cards! The Dubliner is an Irish style pub and grill with the optional bar or restaurant seating. Only being 2 or 3 miles from campus, it’s a convenient stop for Stockton students at all times of the day. My personal favorite from the Dubliner is the blackened chicken wrap, but with a menu full of bar food, soups and salads – there are plenty of options!Located at: 325 E Jimmie Leeds Road, Galloway, NJ 08205

Patriot Lake

Patriot Lake is also only 2 or 3 miles from campus and is a perfect place to go to exercise and get fresh air on nice day. Patriot Lake has even earned the name of “Galloway’s Best Kept Secret” from afar looking a small lake, but when close you can see it’s a park with beautiful gardens, event gazebos and a perfect place to walk while watching the sunset. Patriot Lake also has monumental value being an active monument to victims of September 11th. A free and beautiful attraction and another hidden off campus gem in Galloway. Located at: 300 East Jimmie Leeds Road, Galloway, NJ 08205

My name is California Watson and I'm a Junior at Stockton University. I grew up in Galloway and love where I live! I have a strong interest in fashion, modeling, and hopefully one day living in New York City. I have a HUGE Taylor Swift obsession and love going to the beach and reading in my free tim.
Founder, Editor-in-Chief & Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Stockton University School of Business - Marketing Concentration | Stockton University