jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Fun Date Ideas Near Stockton University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stockton chapter.

Being in a relationship in college usually consists of balancing work, school work, friends and finding time to be with the one you love or someone you want to get to know. It can be hard to do. Finding time to get out and go on some fun small dates are nice and here are a few ideas that can be helpful to any couple that goes to Stockton University and needs some time out.

1. Gourmet Restaurant

If you are looking for a romantic place to eat dinner at this place is the place to go. This restaurant fits into a college student’s budget and ahs delicious Italian food. Though the dress code is a little nicer than most places, they will not let you down. On Valentine’s Day the owner gave out flowers to all the ladies on their dates. The food is amazing and will leave you wanting to go back. This restaurant is located on Pitney Road right by the Shoprite and Wawa.

2. Liberty Pond Picnic

When the weather is warm and there are no clouds in the sky what more perfect way to spend the afternoon than with your loved one at a pond with a walking trail and nice grassy areas to lay down a blanket. A picnic is perfect here because it is beautiful and peaceful. You and your partner will love spending the afternoon talking and eating some food that you either made together or brought. Liberty Pond is located behind the municipal building on Jimmie Leeds Road, next to Shoprite.

3. Atlantic City Aquarium

For just $8 a person you can spend the day in the Atlantic City Aquarium. This aquarium has plenty of exhibits and is a perfect way to get out and have fun on a day off.

4. Smithville

Smithville is a historic little village that is only ten minutes away from Stockton University.  There are little gazebos around to sit and talk, restaurants, ice cream and sweets shops. All different types of little homemade soap shops, pet stores, antique shops. It’s great to spend the day there and free parking is available right across the street.

5. The Beach

Going to school at Stockton University has it’s perks, such as being about 20 minutes away from the closest beach. There are plenty of beaches around Stockton, such has Brigantine, Atlantic City and Ventnor. Going to the beach on a nice day or even at night to watch the stars, is a great date for anyone.

6. Walk in the Woods

Stockton University is full of trails scattered throughout the pine barrens. There are trails that lead to Lake Pam, which is Lake Fred’s sister lake. These trails lead all over the campus and show the campus’s real beauty.

7. Campus Center Movies

If you and your partner are both Stockton students than you can both go see a free movie at campus center. Every Thursday there is a movie that plays in the campus center theatre. The movies are usually ones that have just been out in theatres. There are always free snacks and drinks and is a great cheap way to have fun.

8. Celina’s

A cute little café across the road from AtlantiCare hospital. This place is a nice place for food, drinks, and conversation. It’s quaint and has great food. They accept Osprey cash and so it is great for a college student budget and very close by.

9. Staying In

Nothing is better in my experience than putting on a pair of my favorite pajamas and cozying up with my loved one. We put on movies and eat popcorn or even order some food such as Chinese food. This is a great cozy and lazy way to hang out with your partner and have fun. You can play video games with each other or watch old movies that neither of you have seen before.

10. Sunset at Lake Pam or Lake Fred

Watching the sunset is something you see in movies that is seen as romantic. The sunsets over lake Fred and lake Pam are beautiful. This is a picture perfect scene and will be even nice to walk around the lake while watching the sunset while holding hands and talking.

Founder, Editor-in-Chief & Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Stockton University School of Business - Marketing Concentration | Stockton University