Life > Experiences

5 Aesthetic Coffee Shops in Hoboken (+ NYC!) You Need to Check out This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stevens chapter.

Hidden Grounds – 79 Hudson St & Garden St Hoboken, NJ 07030

Hidden Grounds boasts two charming locations in Hoboken, one nestled on Hudson St and the other on Garden St, each offering a delightful South Asian-inspired coffee and culinary experience. The Garden St location is a more intimate front, while the Hudson St features gorgeous South Asian inspired decor and ample seating and outlets for your work needs. Just one minute away from the PATH station, Hidden Grounds on Hudson St features unique items like Saffron Chai, Cardamom Cold Brew, Rose Matcha Elixir, and fall classics like a Pumpkin Spice Cold Brew, and a Chai Latte. The expansive food menu includes South Asian-infused desserts such as the Gulab Jamun Doughnut and savory delights like the Bombay Dreams sandwich. Both locations are open from 7AM to 6PM on weekdays and 8AM to 6PM on weekends, and are sure to elevate your fall experience.

0K 2u 5qwL6cSVh0GePosfYCQcWnQ1Xl9pymTGKET4vLBvIvZI4U6HFcqchWK6wd1h36NyVwYERaEnSELlam8i4mAg6dX FZnCQcEEjAv4Kb5alJYPNjNIL57GaYDiiZ6AeDI c2N6YfZVhfPCOB2a0

Hidden Grounds @ Hudson Street

The Little Local – 519 Adams St Hoboken, NJ 07030

At The Little Local, the motto is clear: “We take pride in keeping our neighbors caffeinated,” and their menu wholeheartedly delivers on this promise. As the name suggests, this coffee shop prioritizes sourcing from local suppliers to craft the best local coffee. The menu features all your favorite fall classics, like chai lattes, iced coffee, hibiscus tea, along with a delectable assortment of pastries and dishes, ranging from flaky croissants to an irresistible avocado toast. The interior is small and intimate, with vintage-tiled ceilings, and warm string lighting, creating the perfect ambiance for the fall season.

9RVdYQV6SGIYypqY1JhskYCIDgy7RqliJLhhy53f4F 2vCup2oU4gVU abjx LLuDeYNKrqNlfl3lOBrcnmsl2g4X7ssN3ZnI7HIRZ rmTsKqTQDtkHW 14QebWSNGko1inZ sdFREa6mQm60iPm40c

The Little Local at Adams Street

Black Rail Coffee  – 800 Jackson St, Hoboken, NJ 07030

Like the name suggests, Black Rail Coffee is located right off of the 9th street Hoboken Light Rail. Also conveniently located near ShopRite, Black Rail Coffee is an ideal pitstop before grocery shopping in Hoboken. Adorned with paper lanterns, expansive glass windows, and spacious seating, Black Rail boasts an extensive menu of both beverages and cuisine. Their menu features an all-day brunch, showcasing Mexican-inspired avocado toast, quesadillas, and a special bacon, egg, and American cheese treat on mini pancakes, exclusively available on weekends.  Additionally, they offer a diverse array of sandwiches, soups, and salads, complementing coffee favorites such as turmeric lattes, lavender hot chocolates, and s’mores lattes.

uu NUG5G7TpSQfw1gx4flS IOlbyr5i28kuYZ a8L

Black Rail Coffee at Jackson Street

Green Pear Cafe – 93 Grand St, Hoboken, NJ 07030

For those seeking an authentic European dining experience with a touch of autumnal charm, Green Pear Cafe is the perfect choice. They offer a selection of your favorite beverages, including the indulgent Dirty Chai Latte, a refreshing Wild Berry Cappuccino, or a classic matcha latte. The outdoor seating area is adorned with flowers and vines, creating an Instagram-worthy setting. Green Pear Cafe is your go-to destination for savoring a fall-themed beverage alongside a scrumptious pastry.

nueg4jlIDaZZwfkUSzqdaBfEAJdAfQZNOJ4zjO0N8cnUu rykNbH9UpFa da5bQ MWnxtBtefY74Ay9lvgDt 7O1JQ0zk5T8EjD5563YrJZ3InQ98IcDTs MR5vQ rtLsGu11sRfdkjFKnyogiR9TXg

1. NYC: Rosecrans Florist & Cafe – 7 Greenwich Ave, New York, NY 10014

Are you a lover of plants and coffee? Rosecrans is the perfect place for you. Just a minute away from the 9th street PATH station, Rosecrans is a coffee and flower shop right in the heart of the West Village. This adorable place features gorgeous vintage decor, and a carefully curated collection of premium flowers and lush foliage plants available for purchase, alongside all your favorite hot and cold drinks. While they don’t allow laptops, Rosecrans provides the ideal setting for reading a book while sipping your favorite drink, all while surrounded by an abundance of stunning greenery. If you’re seeking a touch of spring amidst the fall season, Rosecrans is a must-visit destination.

xuYybVd2psGLGz2t6auMtWu6

BUnXV4MCd1a NaBrJCFjRLNs94rFMDSGx4w4 SFZIhmBzqoNecV2aY8GY0QDbky s slxjnykh86ZFztOk r7bZFv wxUHR0tUa

Rosecrans Florist & Cafe @Greenwich Ave. Photos by Anusha Qaisar. 

Anusha Qaisar

Stevens '26

Anusha Qaisar is a sophomore at Stevens Institute of Technology in Hoboken, NJ studying Quantitative Finance with a concentration in computer science and a minor in Public Policy. She is passionate about music, theater, dance, and social justice.