Top 11 Places Other Than the Library

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

It’s nearing the end of the semester and most of us are beginning to panic whether you are a senior with not enough cultural credits, a junior with no plan for senior research, a sophomore freaking out about getting that internship, or even a freshman worrying about their final GPA for the first year of college. With the times getting even more hectic, a change of scenery can help wandering eyes when you should be concentrating on homework, research, and summer plans.

Since the library is packed and full of chaos this time of year, why not try out some of these unexpected places this finals season where you can actually have a place to sit.

1. The Stetson Green
  • Grab a blanket and get some rays while working your brain!

1. Flagler, Elizabeth, Sampson, LBC classrooms
  • Pick any classroom that is available and get your study on.
  • Fun fact: If you study in the room you are taking your final in, you are more likely to remember more information!

1. Stetson Room
  • The room above the cub is open 24 hours for studying purposes!

1. Frat house chapter room
  • Friends with any frat boys? Study with them in their chapter room, but be prepared for noise at times.

1. Sigma Phi Epsilon’s RLC room
  • Sigep has a room they designated for studying.  So if your friends with a brother ask them about it!  Might be a bit noisy sometimes but some distractions are entertaining and can give your brain a break.

1. Your dorms lounge area
  • To lazy to head out?
  • Nasty weather outside?
  • Too much to take with you?
  • Head down the hall to your dorms common area and set up.  Most of your dorm mates wont bother you if they see you studying.

1. Basement of the library
  • Definitely creepy down there, but you are sure to get work done.  You cannot see anyone and they cannot see you.

1. Sage lounge areas or class rooms
  • Sage is open 24 hours! Head on overthere if you need to pull an all nighter for your massive workload.

1. Outside at any table on campus
  • Don’t want to lie on the grass? Sit at any table outside on campus pull out your books and plug some headphones in.  It will be like your own little world.

1. Clubhouse
  • If you live in the apartments, swipe your I.D. card, and you can get you inside.
  • If you do not live in the apartments, simply ask a friend to let you in!
  • The best part is… it is open 24 hours too!

1. Coffee shop
  • The coffee shop can be noisy at times with everyone coming in for late night snacks, but it is comfy and smells quite good.  Set up on a couch and get to work.

Good luck! :)

I am currently a junior at Stetson University who is ready get things going! Growing up in D.C., I developed a keen sense for fashion, a thick skin, and a yearning for success. It was only recently that I took the leap of faith and permanently moved down to Florida, not far from where I attend school, so I could pursue my love for fashion, warm weather, and a fast-paced life. I can remember my first day at Stetson University like it was yesterday with all the chaos of meeting new friends mixed with the anxiety of new classes and nervousness of being alone for the first time, but most of all my biggest concern was the stress of figuring out how I could possibly pop out of my bubble and become what I wanted to be: the confident, successful, and driven college student who would not follow but create the trend! After two years of hard work, through becoming a part of the Greek life scene, joining many different organizations and learning from prior upperclassmen who have become successful, I have created communication and leadership skills that I am forever grateful for. With a recently new found passion for the journalistic side of life, I cannot wait to be apart of something bigger than I have ever been before so I can continue learning and gaining memorable experiences that will help me in my goal to make my lifelong dreams and aspirations come to life!