Stetson FAV Secret Sweet Spots!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

Destination: Deland – secret places to eat!

Looking for a secret place to eat? Or a new cute date spot instead of the usual? Here are some spots around Deland that will have your mouth watering and your taste buds yearning for more!

-The Buttercup Bakery is in walking distance of campus – and you’ll need the extra exercise after eating here. It’s known for its scrumptious deserts; they have cupcakes, cookies, brownies, and cakes that are to die for. They make these special treats fresh every morning. It’s unique for the way in which you order – instead of going inside, you order from the window outside, like an old fashioned shop. They also have a drive thru if you don’t have to time to sit and eat! Since seating is only outside, it’s limited and, of course, there’s no air conditioning so go on a day that we have great weather! Sunflower Park is across the street, so make a picnic and grab a couple cupcakes with your date. Her Campus staff recommends the Peach Tea!

-Another delish hideaway is Rodeo Whip! Don’t let the no frills, no fuss scare you away. The store is as basic as it gets, but the service is great and you’ll want to keep coming back! However, it’s not as close to campus, and kind of difficult to find because it’s tucked away from the road. They serve soft-served ice cream, milkshakes, and sundaes. Instead of the typical flavors like chocolate chip or vanilla, Rodeo Whip has unique types, such as pumpkin and fruit-flavored ice cream. The portions are HUMONGOUS and the prices are cheap! Every penny is worth it.

-Gram’s Kitchen is known for its fabulous breakfast and home-style cooking. It’s only open during the day until 4pm so don’t wait to get there! There are two locations in Deland on the opposite sides of town so you have no excuse not to go! Gram’s Kitchen has been voted best breakfast in West Volusia for the past 15 years. They have everything you can imagine – from pancakes to French toast to sausage.  You can get their combos are as cheap as $3.95. And if you’re not a breakfast person, they serve lunch specials as well!

-If you’re looking for a secret Italian place, check out Angelina’s Pizza. The restaurant is immaculately clean and has great service. Although they’re known for their pizza, they also serve spaghetti and meatballs, pasta, and rolls. It’s unique because you can order smaller and regular portions! So if you’re not that hungry or if you want a variety of food, you can get the small portion. The food takes a long time to make because it’s all fresh, so be patient and be prepared for a long dinner with your date!

Breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert, this secret list has got you covered.  Now, you’ve got the inside scoop and can impress your friends and family when you’re looking for an eating spot a little off the beaten path.