This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

And… we are back! After coming back from Fall break, it is almost necessary to detox and clear your system of the toxins that are in your body! Check out how to create a fun, easy, and natural homemade spa treatment! The best part of this recipe is that all of the ingredients you need are found right in your kitchen! Since the weather is starting to change and it is getting a little chilly, the skin dries out rather quickly! However, with this amazing body scrub,  your skin will be left feeling nothing but smooth and beauitful! With the lemon that is used in this particular scrub, pores will be unglogged and skin will become radiant once again! The oils from the mixture will also leave you with soft, healthy glowing skin. 

The ingredients are as follows: 

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sea salt
2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
1 tbsp of honey
2 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp of your favorite essential oil
(It is recommended that you use bergamot for energy, eucalyptus or spearmint for stress relief and lavender or jasmine for something more relaxing.)

When you have all of these ingredients, mix all the ingredients in a bowl until it turns pasty. Apply to moist skin in circular motions using your fingertips to help skin cells slough off faster. Rinse off with warm water, and then simply apply your favorite moisturizer and wa-la! Your done! It’s easy, has little to no cost, and will keep your skin feeling fresh and radiant throughout this sweater weather season!

I am currently a junior at Stetson University who is ready get things going! Growing up in D.C., I developed a keen sense for fashion, a thick skin, and a yearning for success. It was only recently that I took the leap of faith and permanently moved down to Florida, not far from where I attend school, so I could pursue my love for fashion, warm weather, and a fast-paced life. I can remember my first day at Stetson University like it was yesterday with all the chaos of meeting new friends mixed with the anxiety of new classes and nervousness of being alone for the first time, but most of all my biggest concern was the stress of figuring out how I could possibly pop out of my bubble and become what I wanted to be: the confident, successful, and driven college student who would not follow but create the trend! After two years of hard work, through becoming a part of the Greek life scene, joining many different organizations and learning from prior upperclassmen who have become successful, I have created communication and leadership skills that I am forever grateful for. With a recently new found passion for the journalistic side of life, I cannot wait to be apart of something bigger than I have ever been before so I can continue learning and gaining memorable experiences that will help me in my goal to make my lifelong dreams and aspirations come to life!