Did That Really Just Happen?!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stetson chapter.

So it’s been a few weeks since the start of college and it has been a bit crazy which means we all have our embarrassing stories… But who knew things could get THIS embarrassing! After reading through the horror stories of students right here at Stetson, we found these to be the top four most embarrassing stories!

The Water Cup

“On my first night out at college I went to the frats. I had never been in a fraternity house before.  After awkwardly standing in the Phi Sig hallway, with about seven other freshman girls surrounding me, I finally got into an open room. Next thing I knew, I found myself watching a beer pong game while being offered drinks from multiple directions. As I was finishing my second drink, a hot guy came up to talk to me. We immediately started clicking. In the middle of our conversation I dropped my phone and placed my drink on the beer pong table in order to pick it up. I guess I had been drinking more than I thought because when I put my cup down, the guy I was talking to immediately pointed out that I had been drinking out of the water cup. Needless to say I was extremely grossed out and totally over the conversation.”

– Thirsty Freshman

Coke in my Nose?

“It was a Thursday night at Delta Sig. I was about to start a game of cards with a few of my friends and some freshman that I had just met. Being a senior, I offered to pour a few drinks. There was a handle sitting on the table and so I grabbed a bottle of Coke from the fridge. I twisted the lid off half way and all of a sudden the lid flew off and coke exploded out of the bottle like a volcanic eruption. There I sat, startled and soaked, with coke in my eyes, and up my nose. Needles to say the whole incident put a serious damper on my night.”

– Wet and Upset

Sound the Alarm

The other night I ate a less than mediocre dinner at the commons. Although my quesadilla was extremely bland, a cute face sitting at a table away from me, spiced up my meal. We exchanged glances and smiles all throughout dinner. As she got up to place her plate on the conveyer belt I decided to go up and casually meet her. After making small talk next to the bucket of dirty silverware, I offered to walk her back to Chaudoin. I was trying to play it cool and told her we could go through the doors that face her dorm. Failing to acknowledge the “Not an Exit” sign I walked straight through the door and the commons instantly filled with the commons with the sound of alarms. Without any other option, I walked straight through the door and immediately fled the scene.”

– Junior with freshman moves 

Pick Up Your Shame at Baggage Claim 

“I was standing at baggage claim with my parents when TOM (time of the month) came to town. I immediately grabbed a tampon and walked towards the bathroom. On my way, I noticed that the hot guy from my flight was walking in my direction. Just as I was about to flash a smile, the tampon fell out of my sweatshirt pocket. I stared at the guy for a good five seconds until I fully realized what had just happened. I hastily sought shelter in the ladies restroom, leaving my tampon and fantasies about the hot guy to be trampled in the hallway.”

– Helplessly Humiliated

While most of us have not experienced something as embarrassing so far, it is only the beginning of the year which means the best has yet to come. Keep a look out for more stories coming soon!

I am currently a junior at Stetson University who is ready get things going! Growing up in D.C., I developed a keen sense for fashion, a thick skin, and a yearning for success. It was only recently that I took the leap of faith and permanently moved down to Florida, not far from where I attend school, so I could pursue my love for fashion, warm weather, and a fast-paced life. I can remember my first day at Stetson University like it was yesterday with all the chaos of meeting new friends mixed with the anxiety of new classes and nervousness of being alone for the first time, but most of all my biggest concern was the stress of figuring out how I could possibly pop out of my bubble and become what I wanted to be: the confident, successful, and driven college student who would not follow but create the trend! After two years of hard work, through becoming a part of the Greek life scene, joining many different organizations and learning from prior upperclassmen who have become successful, I have created communication and leadership skills that I am forever grateful for. With a recently new found passion for the journalistic side of life, I cannot wait to be apart of something bigger than I have ever been before so I can continue learning and gaining memorable experiences that will help me in my goal to make my lifelong dreams and aspirations come to life!