What To Do When You Feel You Need To Change

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STCU chapter.

It’s spring break time and emotions are running on the wild side. The semester is half way done and summer is on its way! You’re feeling anxious and in need of a change. Do what you want in life because at the end of the day only you know what you want and need. So what to do with your crazy self?

Go on the wild side and get a tattoo that motivates you to be a better person, a better friend, a better daughter, a better sibling, a better everything!

Feeling crappy about the way you look? One should love their ugly self no matter what. But every one goes into the need of a visual change! Go for unique hair. It always grows back, hopefully. 

Starting a new fitness routine is a great way to get you back in the feels and in the spirit for summer break. Not only will your body look great, but you’ll feel great inside! 

Build a new skill! Become a kickboxer, a musician, an actor, or whatever is of your interest. It’ll be one more skill to show off. 

Change up your closet! Go on Pinterest and find artists whom you love to see. Find a grip of their style and incorporate it to yours. You can never go wrong with adding more spark to your style. 

Facials, manicures, pedicures, massages! It’s spring break, you must need to revive your body. Go and start anew! 

Analyze your actions towards your friends. Have you been a jerk lately? Better your language by sharing kind words with the people you love. They’ll appreciate you even more. 

Read inspirational autobiographies. What’s a better way to become a better person than to read about others’ experineces in life! 

There are definitely times when we all need to re-check ourselves to make sure we are going the direction we want to go. You don’t have to do something dramatic to change who you are as a person. It all can start with what you say in daily life or do in your daily life. Sometimes when one goes through a breakdown it is okay to do what you want to do as long as you know it is safe! Being a college student is rough because many of times we life different lives. Take care of yourself today, tomorrow, and always. 

Andrea Duarte-Alonso is a grad from Saint Catherine University where she received her bachelor's of Art in Political Science, Women's Studies, and English. She founded HC STCU in order to include voices that are hardly ever represented in media. Andrea is a storyteller, writer, and a political enthusiast. Her areas of interest lie in writing (check her website storiesfromunheardvoices.com that was created for her community), traveling, and fighting for social justice issues.