This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STCU chapter.

We are officially into the full swing of the semester. Since college, when courses have been their worst and road bumps in my personal life have come about, I have turned to music. Growing up in the Twin Cities, there has always been an incredible music scene (The Palace, First Ave, The Armory, Varsity Theatre, etc.) at my disposal, but it was not until recently that I have become more involved. Music is a huge part of my life. I wake up with it, I listen to it in the car, when I am walking in-between classes, I fall asleep with it, it has been by my side at my best and my worst. With that being said, I wanted to share my most-listened-to tracks this week:

Two Ghosts (Recorded at Metropolis Studios)- Harry Styles

Released in 2017, this is an older song, but was most recently on my Spotify radio and was a great find.

2021-Vampire Weekend

This song is one of VW’s two newly published songs in 2019.

It’s Called: Freefall – Rainbow Kitten Surprise

Almost two weeks ago I saw this band live at the Palace in downtown St. Paul and it was the most entertaining concert I have been to. The audience was incredible and packed and loud, the acoustics in the venue and the light show were to die for.

My Zero- Ezra Furman

This find was from Netflix’s newly released show Sex Education. If you haven’t given it a go, you won’t regret it*

*unless your mother is very similar to Lorelai Gilmore, do not watch it with her.

Lovely (with Khalid)- Billie Eilish

With there being a lot of interest on campus about this artist coming to First Avenue’s 7th Street Entry on April 3rd, I decided to investigate the top tracks and found a lovely track to add to my songs pool.

Let Me Down Easy-Billy Currington

Completely different than all the other tracks on this list, this song is representative of my struggles and anxiety surrounding dating right now. Yes, dating in 2019 is as bad as it sounds.

Where or When- Frank Sinatra

On the Standing Room Only Album released in 2018, Frank gives credit to many composers other than himself, and this track shows through amongst an incredible album originally recorded live many, many years ago.

Lonely Without You-Carolina Story

Carolina Story has been around for many years, but their most recent album released in 2018 is the folk music you’ve been looking for.

Atlas: Eight – Sleeping at Last

Sleeping at Last is one of my favorite artists of all-time, you have probably heard of on Grey’s Anatomy or Insurance commercials if you are crazy enough to watch live tv. The music is wonderful, and wholesome as is that man who creates it; his creations never cease to amaze me.

Student at St. Catherine University + University of St. Thomas. She/Her/Hers. Avid Bowler. Animal Lover/ Dog Fanatic. I enjoy a good meme. I am not superstitious but I am a little stitious.
Andrea Duarte-Alonso is a grad from Saint Catherine University where she received her bachelor's of Art in Political Science, Women's Studies, and English. She founded HC STCU in order to include voices that are hardly ever represented in media. Andrea is a storyteller, writer, and a political enthusiast. Her areas of interest lie in writing (check her website storiesfromunheardvoices.com that was created for her community), traveling, and fighting for social justice issues.