etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Netflix Releases to Look Out For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STCU chapter.

Classes are speeding up with due dates and final exams within a month! But there is no other way to kill time and procastinate in between all of the chaos then to watch new Netflix shows and movies! Here is a short, yet might list of what’s coming up in April and May!

April Releases

• Chewing Gum: Season 2 (A British sitcom of a girl named Tracey Gordon experiencing things in life, which she does not understand much of)

• The BFG (The Big Friendly Giant, movie based of a Roald Dahl book)

• Bill Nye Saves the World: Season 1 (If you grew up watching Bill Nye in science class then there is not much to say; his new show is almost the same, just a lot cooler)

• The Secret Life of Pets (Missed the movie when it came out last summer? It came to Netflix! Take yourself on a different perspective by watching Max, a terrier in this movie) 

• Dear White People: Season 1 (TV Series explores a diverse group of students dealing with racial and other types of discrimination in predominantly white Ivy League Schools)

• Disney’s Queen of Katwe (Disney movie of a Ugandan girl who sees the world changing after her introduction to chess)

May Releases

• Master of None: Season 2 (Anziz Ansari is bringing us back to his life, literally)

• Anne (Anne of Green Gables is coming to life in episode version!)

• Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: Season 3 (If you have not seen season 1 and 2, definitely do so before the premiere of season 3)

• Houses of Cards: Season 5 (More fictional drama and politics? Yes, please!)

• War Machine (A war story featuring Brad Pitt and with comedy)

If you think this list is on fire? Just wait and see what Netflix has in store for us this summer! Check out the site of Netflix to see what’s Coming Soon and to learn more about the releases for April and May!

Andrea Duarte-Alonso is a grad from Saint Catherine University where she received her bachelor's of Art in Political Science, Women's Studies, and English. She founded HC STCU in order to include voices that are hardly ever represented in media. Andrea is a storyteller, writer, and a political enthusiast. Her areas of interest lie in writing (check her website storiesfromunheardvoices.com that was created for her community), traveling, and fighting for social justice issues.