books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash
Style > Beauty

Her Campus Back To School Survival Kit

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STCU chapter.

I had the opportunity to try out the Back To School Survival Kit from Her Campus, some of the products really are life saviors. I tried out the Buxom Big Tease Mascara, the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, the Garden of Life protein bar, and Katy Perry’s new fragrance.

As a college student, I don’t have much time and this product can aid with that.These products will make your life easier.  

I am happy about the Buxom Big Tease Mascara because I wear mascara every day. Mascara helps my eyes look open throughout the day like I had eight hours of sleep! I was impressed by the application wand and its conical shape. The wand was designed to help you reach every eyelash hair and it helps to add volume to your natural lashes. The formula of the mascara is great and it did not transfer.

The Garden of Life protein bar is also a must because I am always looking for a new protein bar to try. The bar provides energy so it is a great way to start the day. College can be hectic and sometimes we forget about breakfast or skip a meal. This bar contains 12 grams of protein, it also contains chunks of nuts making this treat more exiting.

Katy Perry’s Indi perfume smells so good, you have to go and smell it for yourself (we will be having a giveaway soon so if you’re interested in getting a sample make sure you follow our social media pages). The tester describes the scent like, “white tea, Italian bergamot, and white cedarwood.” It is the perfect blend of everything. This smell is very clean and it reminds me of the smell of flowers in spring.

To finish up the day you have to wipe off your makeup the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water which is an all in one Waterproof makeup remover. It is great, I used it on a cotton ball and it helped take away my mascara, after 2 wipes. Mascara is the hardest thing to take off but this makeup remover helped me do that right away and it did not irritate my eyes. I love that this product can be use on face, eyes, and lips.

To see a live review of the products, I have also recorded a review of the products. Check it out on our Instagram page IGTV: hercampusstcu. In the video, you will be able to see my reaction and get some extra tips for your survival kit. Follow us on social media and never miss out a new story!

Andrea Duarte-Alonso is a grad from Saint Catherine University where she received her bachelor's of Art in Political Science, Women's Studies, and English. She founded HC STCU in order to include voices that are hardly ever represented in media. Andrea is a storyteller, writer, and a political enthusiast. Her areas of interest lie in writing (check her website storiesfromunheardvoices.com that was created for her community), traveling, and fighting for social justice issues.