This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STCU chapter.

In college, everyone seems to have a busy schedule. From studying for all your classes to working a part time job, it can feel like there isn’t enough time in the day to get everything done. Don’t get too stressed yet; we’ve taken our experiences with busy schedules and put everything we’ve learned in one place just for you. Here are Her Campus STCU insider tips for better time management.

Just Do It

As hard as it is to admit, all the time spent worrying and procrastinating really adds up. You could get a decent amount of work done in that time. The best thing to do is just sit down and get it done; it will save you a lot of time and stress.

Work on Long-Term Projects Over Time

Long-term projects have become a nightmare to college students. We’ve all had to work on a project the night before it’s due because we procrastinated. A great way to avoid that last minute panic is to schedule mini deadlines for yourself and stick to that schedule. Your work will be less stressful, and you’ll be able to get done ahead of time.

Don’t Put Off Studying

Like long-term projects, studying is easy to push aside and forget about until the day before an exam. While it might seem like a waste of time to start preparing a few days in advance, it will pay off in the end. Even if it’s just getting your materials together or doing some highlighting in your notes, breaking up the workload over a few days can be a big help.

Write it Down

When you have a lot on your plate, it’s easy to exaggerate the amount of work you have to do. You can save yourself a lot of time and worrying by writing everything down in one place. Whether it’s a planner or a to-do list, having it all laid out in front of you can help get the work done.

Structure Your Time

Structuring and scheduling your week is a great way to make the most of your time. Take a look at your week and set aside designated times for studying, socializing, and anything else. Not only will this help make sure you get all your homework and studying done, but your free-time will be more enjoyable when you don’t have that nagging feeling that you should be studying.

You Come First

Finally, it’s important to remember to put yourself first. Yes, school is important, but don’t prioritize school over your well-being. Pulling all-nighters to get work done or skipping a meal for more time at the library can take a toll on you. Always remember to take time for yourself.

Junior at St. Catherine University, majoring in psychology.
Andrea Duarte-Alonso is a grad from Saint Catherine University where she received her bachelor's of Art in Political Science, Women's Studies, and English. She founded HC STCU in order to include voices that are hardly ever represented in media. Andrea is a storyteller, writer, and a political enthusiast. Her areas of interest lie in writing (check her website storiesfromunheardvoices.com that was created for her community), traveling, and fighting for social justice issues.