This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at STCU chapter.

Hayley Kiyoko’s Album

By now we’re all well aware that Hayley Kiyoko is a queer, pop music goddess, which is why we’re counting down the days until the release of her debut album Expectations. *Sigh* March 30th can’t come soon enough. 

Instinct

A new TV show about crime and serial killers is exciting, but add gay detective lead and his husband and you’ve got a must see. Don’t miss this exciting new series on CBS starting March 11th.

“The L Word” Reboot

Since the return of this queer classic was announced, we’ve all been waiting anxiously to see what the new episodes will look like. It’s been a long wait, but all of our questions will be answered soon as the show is set to premiere sometime this year.

Disobedience

If you’re like us, you’re always looking for well-done gay movies (because let’s be honest, they’re hard to find). This new lesbian drama, based on the novel by Naomi Alderman, looks like it could be just the one you’re looking for. Catch it in select theatres on April 27th.

Junior at St. Catherine University, majoring in psychology.
Andrea Duarte-Alonso is a grad from Saint Catherine University where she received her bachelor's of Art in Political Science, Women's Studies, and English. She founded HC STCU in order to include voices that are hardly ever represented in media. Andrea is a storyteller, writer, and a political enthusiast. Her areas of interest lie in writing (check her website storiesfromunheardvoices.com that was created for her community), traveling, and fighting for social justice issues.