Her Campus Stanford is Recruiting NEW Members

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stanford chapter.

Want to get involved? contact President Allison Otis (allisonotis@hercampus.com)

E-mail us with the following:

First Name, Last Name, School Year
The position you’re interested in
Your previous experience in that role
Why you would be the perfect candidate for that position
Why you’d like to be a part of HC!
Everyone is allowed to apply! 

Positions Available:

Managing Editor 
The role of a Managing Editor is to be the right-hand person to the Editor(s)-in-Chief. They will manage and edit all the content before the EIC’s see it. This person will also be in charge of reminding people that articles are due, and will generally manage the editorial team.

*Those interested in this position will be given an HC Edit test

Section Editor(s) 
Section Editors are each assigned a section that they oversee each week. They will remind their writers of pieces that are due, edit them and, in some cases, upload the articles (using the CCs site accounts).

Editorial Team Member
The Editorial Team member is part of the core writers of the magazine. These people might overlap within publicity, events, etc.

*Editorial Team Members must provide writing samples (Include articles that are similar to content that is seen in HC)

Publicity and Event Director 
The Publicity Director will be in charge of all things publicity-related. Are we having an event? Then you will be in charge of publicizing it. Do we need to re-think our social media strategy? Then you will be in charge of this project. Want an article in the school newspaper? Then you will contact the Daily to make it happen. The Publicity Director will organize and implementing events for the chapter. This person plans the events, seeks out venues and sponsors, giveaways, etc. 

*Please pitch three ideas for a possible HCUCR event, and three ways of publicizing the possible events

Publicity and Event Team Member
The publicity team will work under the Publicity Director and serve as a sort of think tank for publicizing the chapter. The Publicity Team Member will meet separately from the editorial staff and brainstorm ways to publicize the chapter, help plan the events, assist in growing the brand, and so forth. This person plans the events, seeks out venues and sponsors, giveaways, etc.

*Please pitch two publicity ideas for HCUCR

Social Media Director 
The social Media Director is in charge of updating the social media accounts for the chapter (Twitter, Facebook) and managing any additional accounts (Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.).The Social Media Director will determine the best times to post, the ways to get your readers to interact, and they should be updating both of the required accounts multiple times/week, if not multiple times/day. Creating a Social Media Strategy is key in increasing regular traffic (page views), increasing the penetration on campus (how many people on campus are reading your chapter page), and figuring out the best way to reach and interact with your readers.

Photographer(s)
Photographers will decide which pictures go up, when, and decide who is handling any events around campus.

Allison is the Her Campus Correspondent at Stanford University, majoring in Communication (and maybe Art History!). She is working her way up the magazine ladder in New York City with an editorial internship at InStyle Magazine under her belt.  Originally from Windermere, FL, Allison spends her free time watching football, devouring sweets and online shopping. You can follow her on Twitter at @allisonotis and on Pinterest!