15 Twitter Accounts to Follow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Stanford chapter.

If you think Twitter serves as a vehicle to broadcast what you had for breakfast, think again.  Initially criticized as a strange concept, Twitter now has milions of users who have embraced the 140-characters, making Twitter one of the primary players in the competitive social networking arena.  Well, you can thank us for finding the top 15 Twitter accounts that you must follow!

1. @StanfordPrez
Sure, it may not actually be President Hennessey, but we love what the faux prez has to say.
2. @shitgirlssay
The Twitter account that started it all, need we say more?
3. @Stanford
Here’s a way to keep in touch with all things Stanford.  Look out for post about speakers, sporting events and the occasional Main Quad pictures.
4. @MensHumor
Sure, this account may be tailored for men, but trust us, these tweets will have you dying.
5. @WomensHumor
What can we say?  These tweets just speak to us: brunch, shopping, and spinning.
6. @GSElevator
Beware, this account is not made for the politically correct, but we know you’ve always been dying to hear what goes on in the Goldman Sachs elevators.
7. @FauxJohnMadden
If you’re a sports fanatic, you’ll love this account.  Expect satirical posts about your favorite teams and athletes.
8. @sprinklespaloal
Posting several whisper words a day, this account will have you jetting to the Stanford Shopping Center for free cupcakes.
9. @WomensHealthMag
Just like the physical magazine, this account provides inspiration for health, fitness, sex and beauty!
10. @CollegeTownLife
The College Town Life just gets us.  Enjoy their PDA fails, walk of shames and hilariously accurate descriptions of college life and relationships.
11. @TrendyProblems
“Yes, I listed Starbucks as my emergency contact and no, I’m not sorry about it. #trendyproblems
12. @SororityGirlProblems
You’re not the only one who thinks Lily when hearing Pulitzer and not the prestigious literary award.
13. @EatThisNotThat
Keep your waistline in check with healthy substitutes at your favorite national restaurants.
14. @HCStanford
Receive links to the latest Her Campus Stanford content, so you never have to miss a beat!
15. @betchesluvthis
Keep up with the betches 24/7 with their ridiculously accurate and hilarious account.

Allison is the Her Campus Correspondent at Stanford University, majoring in Communication (and maybe Art History!). She is working her way up the magazine ladder in New York City with an editorial internship at InStyle Magazine under her belt.  Originally from Windermere, FL, Allison spends her free time watching football, devouring sweets and online shopping. You can follow her on Twitter at @allisonotis and on Pinterest!