Will you be my valentine?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at St Vincent chapter.

Question #1: What does Valentine’s Day mean to you? Or what does love mean to you?

Couple #1: To me, Valentine’s Day is a day to honor and appreciate the special relationships that you have with your loved ones. Love is when you feel as if you aren’t fully experiencing a moment unless the one you love is experiencing it with you.  You are your best self when you’re with the one you love.

Couple #2: Love means being able to fully give yourself to someone without limitation or stipulation. Love means putting someone else’s needs above your own.  Not holding anything back, being vulnerable and open.

Couple #3: It’s a certain day that you take out of the year that focuses on both of you instead of just one, like a birthday or something. Just devoting a day to spend quality time with your significant other and do something you both don’t regularly do.

Question #2: What Valentine’s Day plans did you and your significant other participate in?

Couple #1: It was exam week and we are broke college students, so we scrounged some money together for chips, salsa, and queso, and watched a cheesy romance movie on Netflix. 

Couple #2: We went to a very nice restaurant with my favorite food, seafood. It was very good, some of the best seafood I have had!

Couple #3: Netflix and relax. We definitely deserve a day of doing nothing.

Question #3: Did you and your significant other do a gift exchange?

Couple #1: He, of course, wouldn’t let me help pay for dinner, so he bought it. I decided to get a gift card to a restaurant he likes a lot as a way to say thank you.

Couple #2: We gave each other small things that had big meaning.

Couple #3: He brought flowers and provided the snacks, and his gift is small but still a secret as it is currently stuck somewhere with the United States Postal Service.

Question #4: What is your favorite part about Valentines Day?

Couple #1: All the love in the air and all the candy that is 50% off the next day!

Couple #2: Simply spending time together and appreciating each other’s company.

Couple #3: Normally my mom gets me chocolates, but having a valentine this year made it a little more special. I liked just getting dressed up and going to a new place and being able to share         that time with someone I really enjoy being around.

*All couples have asked to remain anonymous. Therefore, the picture order may not correspond. 

Juli Cehula

St Vincent '18

Hello there! I am the Campus Correspondent of the Her Campus chapter at Saint Vincent College. As a senior psychology major, I've made the most of my time in undergrad and am excited for all the doors I have opening ahead of me. I can definitely thank Her Campus for giving me invaluable skills. As a future psychologist, I hope that my articles (and the chapter's) are able to make you feel empowered, motivate you to start a conversation, and be kind. As a hero of mine has said, "If you do not take control over your time and your life, other people will gobble it up. If you don't prioritize yourself, you constantly start falling lower and lower on your list."- Michelle Obama. Be the change you want to see in the world, and smile. Always smile!